SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 - after 2 years - what’s your verdict
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 - after 2 years - what’s your verdict Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Cool that just the slide is an option

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Love mine, no problems. Smile

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
My daily carry. Excellent pistol that I have total confidence in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
It shoots like a bigger pistol. The X-Ray sights work well, though an Ameriglo Pro I Dot version would be my preference. The 12 round mag seems to be the best mag in terms of capacity, fit, and size. I don't understand the desire for a manual safety on a striker fired or DAO pistol as it is unneeded. Perhaps the word safety gives some folks a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't say for sure.
I've got a thumb safety model that I've put maybe 150 rounds through to function test.

100 FMJ
50 HP (carry ammo)

It fed and shot those test rounds fine.

Do I trust it as much as my G19 or M&P ? No..I simply don't have the experience with it, nor the roundcount as those other platforms.

Do I trust it enough to carry because it is super light? Yes

If I hear my alarm go off in the middle of the night, it definitely is NOT the first gun I'd reach for in the nightstand, but that said it is currently my most frequently carried because it is so damned easy to carry.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pointman73:
It shoots like a bigger pistol. The X-Ray sights work well, though an Ameriglo Pro I Dot version would be my preference. The 12 round mag seems to be the best mag in terms of capacity, fit, and size. I don't understand the desire for a manual safety on a striker fired or DAO pistol as it is unneeded. Perhaps the word safety gives some folks a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Warm and fuzzy? Maybe. More assured when holstering a gun that doesn’t have a trigger safety blade thingy, definitely.

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Got the XL....love the platform, BUT at least onece in every mag, the slide doesnt quite go into battery. People have told me to shoot 2-300 rds of +p to "break it in.....

A bit disapointed

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had mine a while now. Unsure but has to be near 1k rounds. No issues. In fact it shoots so well, I can’t reason to carry anything else, given the choice.
Just shot an IDPA match with it. 3rd out of 33, and mine was the only subcompact in the running. It shoots that well. Usually carry a 12 round mag unless I need it to be really small.
Get one, you won’t be sorry

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
LOVE mine. I shoot it better than I shoot my friends XL. I suggested he get one and he thanks me every time we go shooting. Smile

Posts: 919 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've got 800-1K through my 365XL. Zero issues.

I think I "cleaned" it once. Which means I think I took it apart and just wiped it down and threw some grease on the rails.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about buying the SAS then getting a non-ported barrel for it.

https://www.rainierarms.com/tr...rel-threaded-1-2x28/

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Picked up my March-2019 build P365 a few weeks ago. Have shot about 500 rounds of various ammo and it has been flawless.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pointman73:
I don't understand the desire for a manual safety on a striker fired or DAO pistol as it is unneeded. Perhaps the word safety gives some folks a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Maybe it's unneeded, but I am so accustomed to a 1911 type, full size, compact and my micro P938 and P238, along with a Browning Hi Power and S&W M41 target pistol, that I simply like the idea of the safety. I can drop the slide on a loaded magazine with an extra margin of safety against a misfire, as the slide can be slide can be cycled with the safety engaged.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one of the first ones in North Texas from a Master Sig Dealer, but traded it when all the issues started. I picked up a May 2019 build and 600-700 rounds later it is what is on my hip or in my pocket every day.

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Since you brought it up again...

I have two that have been flawless. One I bought new and have around 1000 mixed 115 grain and 124 grain nato rounds through including over 200 147 gr. Winchester Ranger T. I bring that particular round up because people have complained about feeding issues with 147 grain rounds. I’ve not shot any FMJ but for me the HP feeds fine.

The other I bought used and only have a couple hundred rounds through. Mixed 115 and 124. No failures since I bought it.

I really like the gun and will be buying a P365XL as soon as I get back to work.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
GTG

I concur.

Yep.

Same. It’s a solid hit out of the park for Sig.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Mine is a May 2018 pistol, right around the time that the upgraded guns started to come out. I haven't taken it apart to see if it was one of them, but since it's been flawless for 1100 rounds, the point is moot.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Isn't that the point? It's a small carry gun. It's what you carry when you don't want to carry something bigger.

If you're home, and can choose any gun you have, and you have a selection, the gun you carry because it's easy to hide shouldn't be the first choice.

quote:
Originally posted by lordhamster:
Can't say for sure.
I've got a thumb safety model that I've put maybe 150 rounds through to function test.

100 FMJ
50 HP (carry ammo)

It fed and shot those test rounds fine.

Do I trust it as much as my G19 or M&P ? No..I simply don't have the experience with it, nor the roundcount as those other platforms.

Do I trust it enough to carry because it is super light? Yes

If I hear my alarm go off in the middle of the night, it definitely is NOT the first gun I'd reach for in the nightstand, but that said it is currently my most frequently carried because it is so damned easy to carry.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I have an early one and it’s been great! Well over 2K now.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like mine. I have 1200 rounds with no problems of any kind. When I belt carry I use a Don Hume leather that was originally for my since traded PM9. For pocket a DeSantis Superfly.

It is great to clip on a pair of sweats or shorts even without a belt. I will admit that while I carry occasionally I still prefer one of my larger H&K's for EDC.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post