SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 - after 2 years - what’s your verdict
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 - after 2 years - what’s your verdict Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
This May will be the two year mark since I bought mine.

Just under 2500 rounds fired through it with no serious issues. It's my daily carry/BUG.

I've been firmly sold on it since the beginning.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Just went to the range today and came back with the best EDC gun I've ever owned! I'm not the greatest shooter in the world, yet I was hitting 2" groups at 8 yards almost without trying. I'm selling off my P938 - the P365 is a keeper!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I currently have 2 standard P365's and 2 P365XL's and love them. Between all 4 of them I have around 7500rds through them, trouble free.

I used to say if I could only own 1 pistol it would be a G19. Today I would tell you it would be a P365.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4519 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the 365 and carried it for about a year and then My son wanted it to carry at college so I passed it down to him and bought a 365XL. My son carries the 365 with the 12 round extended mag in it and a spare 15 round in his pocket. Depending on what I am wearing I carry the XL with ether one 15 round in my pocket or 3 on my belt. I am working on a custom 3 round mag carrier for my hip pocket. My P229 is still my primary carry and I am not ready to change that. That said I am going see how it does when my Romeo Zero comes in and check run it a couple of times in carry optics and compare how I do in general against my P229. I do have to admit that it is nice to not have the weight on my belt.

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: August 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought mine (P365) just over a year ago...daily carried it since it passed the 200 round mark and now have 1305 trouble free rounds through it. Great gun...accurate, fits the hand well, and outstanding sights. The only change I'd make is to swap out the front sight to give me a higher POI by 2" @ 25 yds. Best CCW I've ever owned. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
I have not taken the leap yet, however a 365 SAS no porting is very high on my list.

Any more specific feedback on the SAS version?

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought mine in July 2018. At first it would not return to battery at times when inserting a full magazine. A little nudge with my thumb and it was good to go. Now I've sent over a thousand rounds through it and haven't had a problem past the 500 mark. I added a Hogue rubber sleeve which makes it easier for me to grip. would like to see a SAS up close.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I'm still amazed at the accuracy, capacity, and shootability of this little pistol. It is a natural pointer for me and double and triples as fast as I can pull the trigger are all in a 6" or less group at 5 yards.

Mine has been 500 round flawless; a buddy has experienced a few ftf's which I attributed to a less than aggressive grip. He stiffened it up and has been golden ever since. My poor G26 is starting to get the feeling that its being retired.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15545 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Visco:
I added a Hogue rubber sleeve which makes it easier for me to grip.

I agree, that Hogue rubber sleeve works wonders on my 365 also. It does not impede pocket carry at all.

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I've carried it every day for over a year now.

I'd say probably 600-800 rounds through it.

I'm sold. I don't shoot it quite as good as my Glock 19, but the compromise is worth it.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
My verdict - guilty as charged - a micro-compact 9mm that set a new standard for magazine capacity.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have an earlier model which has about 2000 rounds through it. I've gone through three pistol courses with it. It kept up with all the other pistols in the classes, except for the gamers.

The only issues I ever had, my thumbs induced.

With an RMSc and grip sleeve, it's my EDC. A second one joined the family as a back up, and an XL/ RMSc/ Valkyrie mini/ 15rd mag/ grip sleeve comb is the nightstand pistol.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
GTG

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has over 1200 trouble free rounds and I carry more than I thought I would with the 12 round mag. I since traded my Kahr PM9 since I have no use for it. I can clip a light leather holster to sweat pants or shorts for a quick trip out. While it is in my carry rotation I still prefer a larger gun. (4 H&K's)

As an aside does anyone think Sig bought stock in Uplula before the release? I know I broke two cheap reloaders before having to buy an Uplula and I know I'm not alone.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, my favorite pistol.

I started with an April 2018 365, shot it for 800 or so rounds (I think), including a great pistol training course, and have had zero issues. No qualified issues...I do mean, zero.

I did want a slightly longer barrel, still with the thin grip/concealability, the slightly longer grip module, and the ability to one day stick an optic on it is a bonus. So, I picked up a XL and I've put 481 rounds through it so far, with perfect function.
I'll hit the range later this week and have another pistol course on Saturday, where I'll shoot it, so I'll have nearly 1k through it by Sunday.

I just shoot it so much better than my glocks.

The 365XL is the perfect carry pistol, in my opinion, and one of the best pistol designs we've seen in recent history.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of boilergonzo
posted Hide Post
I have a May 2018 365 and a May 2019 365 (manual safety version). Both are great. Fantastic firearms. For a small carry role, I don't see anything else that matches it. The Hellcat is the only viable competition.

Posts: 503 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Our 65s are just plain good to go.
My wife likes her 239 better for edc but when warm weather hits, the365 will move on.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot a Hellcat rental at the range today along with my P365. I was amazed at how accurate the Hellcat is, 9/10 in an 8" target at 45 feet. My 365 hasn't been the same since I put a few .380 rounds through it. I ordered a new barrel and hopefully it can be on par with the Hellcat.

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WJR:
I have not taken the leap yet, however a 365 SAS no porting is very high on my list.

Any more specific feedback on the SAS version?

WJR

Is there a No port option? I recently tried someones SAS to eval it. Its an interesting gun, I actually like the small controls as I usually creep so high up on the gun that I accidentally ride the slide stop. This one is small enough that I got consistent lock back. You will probably slingshot as its a very small ledge. (only makes sense I guess) The sight is interesting, I'd like to wring it out at distance. I found the porting was obnoxious in low light and threw me off the sight taking a second to reaquire. The sight does work in darkness. I told the owner to get alot of practice with it especially at distance. They were able to qual without issue but our qual isnt particularly impressive to put it nicely.

I did notice the owner was dramatically slower than another officer with a standard 365 with the normal sights on several strings in the dark and shooting while changing positions and moving. Like the standard sight officer was finished shooting when SAS officer was starting/aquiring on a body armor drill. Officer Standard sights is a better shot however so its not very scientific. I was able to consistently get a dot when coming up on target but my primary EDC has an RMR so my presentation is pretty good. I think this helps. If your presentation sucks you will likely be waving that thing around like harry potter trying to find the internal dot.

I think its alot like an RMR, your speed and precision will be very dependent on your draw stroke and presentation. I think the porting is a bad idea and unnecessary on this guns concept. Just my thoughts with a very small sample size.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post