SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 - after 2 years - what’s your verdict
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 - after 2 years - what’s your verdict Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Ok so after all the hype, gun updates, and maybe even gun failures, what is your verdict on the P365?

I’ve had mine for well over a year, with around 500 Ronda through it, zero issues. I’m still keeping it in my rotation..

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
GTG

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be the next gun I buy. Specifically a P365 w/ safety, have it milled for Romeo 0, then add an XL grip module (probably have to make a safety cut out). I think that would a great carry gun, smallest gun I have now is a P6.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had mine since March 2018. I am at 5500 rounds and the 365 has been flawless the entire time. Literally no issues at all. It is a keeper!

Posts: 19 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grayguns makes a grip module for the P365XL that includes a manual safety cut-out and the parts for the manual safety. Out of stock right now, but I'm sure they will be making more.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No issues. I carry it every day and have since I broke it in. Super easy to carry all day and surprisingly accurate for its size.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
We are joined at the hip.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
GTG

I concur.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365XL is dangerously close to replacing my P226 as my plainclothes duty gun, if the agency will allow it.

That about says it all.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
We’ve authorized them as backups for 2 years now, and they are by far the most common approved weapon at the annual quals. No issues. I’ve petitioned to get them approved for primary carry for investigators.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Have had mine for 11 months now. It became my EDC after firing the first 200 rounds, it now has a thousand rounds fired through it, and is still my EDC. It has retired my S&W 638 snub, and vastly reduced how often I carry my LCP.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two, both early models, first series striker (hasn't broken yet). Several thousand rounds through, including various reloads, 115g, 124g, 147g. No problems with the pistols. I refrained from carrying it for a time, ran out of excuses and now carry it frequently. The only changes I've made are a straight trigger, and I crowned the barrel.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I just need to get a different front sight for it, a #8, as I shoot too low with #6 on it. Other than that, I love it.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MagnumU:
Grayguns makes a grip module for the P365XL that includes a manual safety cut-out and the parts for the manual safety. Out of stock right now, but I'm sure they will be making more.

I just bought a 365xl with thumb safety, no need for kits

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
It will be the next gun I buy. Specifically a P365 w/ safety, have it milled for Romeo 0, then add an XL grip module (probably have to make a safety cut out). I think that would a great carry gun, smallest gun I have now is a P6.

All that for 1/2 an inch of barrel Length?

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Still waiting but this thread is pushing me closer to the edge.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:

All that for 1/2 an inch of barrel Length?

I'll still have the short P365 module-pocket gun option.

Ideally, Sig will come out with a P365 optics option, then I'd just be adding the XL module which is cheap. I'm deployed until November so I'll change my mind back and forth 4x by then anyway!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
GTG

I concur.

Yep.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a SAS a month ago. Got some holsters...now, it is one of my favorite edc.

My edc rotation are now..Sig p365 sas, Glock 43, Remington r380, and S&w 342.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
selling both of mine, not that there is anything wrong with them one is new in the box, but after the shield 15 round mags came out and they run perfect, I simply like the feel of the g43x better.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post