SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You guys ever seen this on a P220?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys ever seen this on a P220? Login/Join 
posted
I stopped by my LGS yesterday and was honestly looking for an in-stock Beretta M9A3 Black, which they didn't have, of course.

At the used counter, they had a way overpriced W. German P220 ($659) that they tried to get me to buy. It's in fair condition, and it has been languishing on the used rack for at least 6 months or more. I handled it and my eyes were drawn to its very unusual takedown lever. I've never seen anything like it from the factory, and figure that it must be an aftermarket part, but I have absolutely no idea who produces it. Have any of the experts here ever seen this takedown lever before and can you give any additional information? If it's something special, I might go back and throw the P220 in layaway. If not, I'd just like to know about the P220's unusual takedown lever. I apologize for the terrible pictures; I couldn't get them to rotate. Thanks!

Posts: 1086 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaPaP226:
It is the slide (on/off) switch takedown lever for a lasermax guide rod laser.
When centered its in the off postition. Push in from either side should turn the laser on if its in working order.
I own several myself and really like the function and aiming from its position.
It is easily removed by pulling the takedown lever and guide rod laser out and replacing with factory takedown lever, guiderod and spring.

Outstanding! Well, there you go. Thank you for this quick answer!

Posts: 1086 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yep, Lasermax guide rod. They probably think it add much value to the gun. To me, it's a negative, unless they have the original factory stuff, too.

Q

Posts: 26150 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, LaserMax. They have had it for six months?
Offer 450 first, then 500.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15973 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

And then sell the Lasermax for $100 or so...

Posts: 9093 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yep, Lasermax guide rod. They probably think it add much value to the gun. To me, it's a negative, unless they have the original factory stuff, too.

Absolutely agree with you about it being a negative. I'm fair certain they do not have the extras, as they rarely do. Never thought about them using the Lasermax to up the asking price.

posted Hide Post
quote:

At least 6 months. Maybe longer. The salesman, who is new and young said, "We've had a lot of interest in this one." I wanted to say, "No, son, you haven't because it's overpriced." Sometimes, the smarmy sales pitch thing gets annoying.

I bought a mint W. German P220 on this forum for $450, so I'd definitely follow your advice about the price if I pick it up.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:

And then sell the Lasermax for $100 or so...

You bet! Great idea!