SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New "Steampunk" grips for my Ruger 1911
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New "Steampunk" grips for my Ruger 1911 Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I just wanted to show off my new "Steampunk" 1911 grips from Griff's Grips. The top and bottom of the grips feature cholla cactus with the "gears" embedded in clear polymer.
The Leather top hat is from American Hat Makers "Marlow" in "Pecan", with some Tarot cards in the band, plus some "light up" goggles from ETSY. The Gauges came from England. I glue rare earth magnets on the back. I then can move the gauges from hat to hat.

DSCN2293 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

DSCN2291 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

DSCN2287 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

DSCN2286 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

DSCN2295 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

DSCN2296 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

DSCN2299 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool! Looks kinda neat as a set.

Posts: 9111 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cool! Looks kinda neat as a set.

Yeah, I can't wait until the next Wild Bunch match!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The closest I got toward the Steampunk set was building Nixie tube clocks in my spare time. Sold a few, thought about a few patents I need to register someday...

Now if I found a way to take that G'ville - Midland locomotive home with me. Big Grin

Posts: 9111 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Those are wild dude, well done!

Posts: 13795 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Nice!

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it! Something you don't see too often also.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Very cool

Posts: 23235 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Pretty sweet grips, Rolan!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Looks great!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Gizmo Cool!

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious, did you have the front strap checkered or is that one of the Wilson combat wrap around checkering sleeves? Either way, looks cool.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2730 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That looks way too cool, Rolan! Very nice!

God bless America.

Posts: 13419 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
Let me be the first internet hater on this thread....

Nope, I can't. Looks cool. Enjoy such a unique set of grips.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Those look great! Nice pics too

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Crazy cool Rolan! Very creative and superbly crafted...not to mention great images to boot!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Curious, did you have the front strap checkered or is that one of the Wilson combat wrap around checkering sleeves? Either way, looks cool.

Wolfe 21,
The front strap is one of the Wilson "sleeves" that are secured by the grip. A LOT cheaper than checkering, and works great.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
So unique! I really like them!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
OK Rolan, I think that is the neatest idea for a set of whimsical, yet practical, grips I've ever seen.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post