SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Haley Strategic Incog w/XC1 G19 holster review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Haley Strategic Incog w/XC1 G19 holster review Login/Join 
posted
Review of Haley Strategic Incog w/Surefire XC1 for G19 holster review.

I have been molding my own holsters for about 4 years now. When the XC1 was released I was stoked to have a low profile weapon mounted light for everyday concealed carry. After receiving it I immediately proceeded to mold a prototype holster for it with different options for clips, struts etc. I was pretty happy with it and have been using it everyday for nearly 2 years now. Then came the G19 MOS. So I modified this old faithful to accept an RMR. After, I figured it was time to hang up the prototype and mold some new holsters now that I knew exactly how I wanted it to be and what mounting solution worked and what didn't. This is when I discovered a problem. My prototype was molded out of .060" thickness Kydex. It had good retention because there is enough of the bottom of the trigger guard available on a G19 with the XC1 attached to grab on to for the nice snap in retention. Issue is since I just mold holsters for myself and the occasional person or friend that asks me to and offers some coin I never saw the need to invest in vacuum forming equipment. I just use a rig I built and foam with pressure. Problem is when I stepped up to the thicker .080" thickness Kydex I couldn't get the Kydex to mold into the available portion of the trigger guard to get the nice retention I wanted. I could just use the thinner material but it has a lot flex and with the cutout for the RMR the mouth collapses a little when the gun is not in making it a little iffy when reholstering in the appendix carry position.

So I had a few options. Buy vacuum forming equipment, use the thinner material or purchase a holster for the first time in 4 years. I really didnt want to purchase a holster because I have never found one that fit and worked how I wanted. Trust me I have tried a bunch of what's out there and they are all sitting in a nice large cardboard box. Which is the reason why I started molding my own. So I started snooping around the ole interwebs just to see what was out there. I happened to stumble across the Incog holster and what do ya know, it was very similar in design to what I created. So I figured what the hell it sure is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying vacuum forming equipment and ordered one. In all honesty I was totally expecting a piece of mass produced junk but kept my fingers crossed hoping that just maybe.....

Color me fucking impressed!!

This is a damn nice QUALITY handmade holster and not some mass produced shit. It is made out of .080" thick Kydex with a suede like material wrapping the entire exterior. All the edges are nicely finished with no sharpness or pointy corners that will poke you. Sight channel is nice and large to accept suppressor height sights. It has a nice solid retention that is adjustable. I personally don't like adjustable retention because the damn retention screws always come loose or fall out completely. It uses a single high quality injection molded plastic clip attachment. I HATE clips!!! Every single one I have tried un-attaches itself from the belt during the draw at some point. This clip though is shaped and beefed up in all the right spots to hold the belt securely. We shall see after a couple hundred more dry fire practice draws but it has held up so far. If it ends up not working out I will just change it to the strut and loop style that I prefer. The clip does allow for you to tuck your shirt in. There are holes pre-drilled to add a second clip if you wish or attach a mag carrier (which I think is just too much damn bulk). It has a nice half sweat shield that isn't annoying and is cut to be able to use a RMR. Interestingly it will also work with or without the Surefire XC1 which is how my design works. It's like they copied my design. The holster is comfortable and the suede material helps to keep it positioned. The good thing is it isn't bulky just how I like it. So aside from a couple very minor things that I don't like this thing ROCKS! The things I don't like I can easily change. It's like they picked my brain to design this. This is absolutely the FIRST holster that I did not make myself that works and I am happy with. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Here are the pics.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I bought an Incog Eclipse for my Glock 26 and I absolutely love it. This is coming from a guy who usually hates IWB holsters.

The Incog series are extremely well thought out holsters.

Posts: 331 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I've got an INCOG Eclipse for my 43 which I've only had for a few weeks at this point. It's quickly growing on me and for the most part I'm enjoying it. Appendix just doesn't work for me so I moved it back to the 3:30/4 position which with the Super MOJO I've been able to change the depth and cant for what works best for me. All in all I'm pleased and will be looking at one for my future 19 as well, although I wish the clip was a little wider for the hip carry.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
The Incog Eclispse is my go-to for concealed carry, using one for a Glock 26 since last year. I love it so much, but hate the 8-12 week wait on an order from GCode (I'm a lefty so they never have any ready-to-ship), that I decided to start making my own for my personal use.
I simply bought the super mojo and clips and went to town with some kydex and 'tactical fuzz' that I found at the local fabric store.

Made one for my current go-to RMR'd Glock 19 with XC1:

And also made one for a 43:

I can't do appendix carry without the GCode clip. It and the fuzz makes the gun simply disappear in the waist.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering why you had issues molding .08, that is all I have ever used in a home made book press. I have never had issues getting a good mold, or excellent definition.

Were you working it at the correct temperature?

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
I'm wondering why you had issues molding .08, that is all I have ever used in a home made book press. I have never had issues getting a good mold, or excellent definition.

Were you working it at the correct temperature?

The small area at the very bottom part of the trigger guard that is available while the XC1 is attached is the issue. .060 works but with .080 you really need a vacuum former.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I use .080" and the retention with the XC1 is perfect. I didn't gap it for a tension screw, just ensured that the kydex was nice and tight before I clamped down.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post