SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG SP2340 purchased (w/pics)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SP2340 purchased (w/pics) Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Never owned one of these before.

Cabela's here in Columbus had a used one for $249.99 in .40S&W. Hmmmm I'll take it.

Cleaned it up lubed and greased it. Bought some .40 ammo and bought a .357SIG barrel online and some 12 round mags.

Range time coming soon

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Looks great and what a strong value.

I have never shot one, but the 2340 certainly has lots of loyal followers.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That older Swiss frame Sig Pro has become my favorite. I had a 2340 (sold) and then bought a brand new 2009 for $425....which I also sold when the first 2022's came out...and I had never shot the 2009... ugg...

Great pistol at a great price congrats!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score. That is a great price.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A local shop had a stack of 2340's a few years ago, and a basket of magazines, so I bought two and some magazines. Both are fairly beat-up looking, and one has a large grip that needs to go, but a good value. Plastic P229.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
FYI, the SP2340 is one of the SIGs that you can convert to 9mm with a factory barrel. I have done it.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Interesting I never tried the factory 9mm barrel but I did get a Bar Sto 9mm. It was fun but the factory 357 barrel was funner Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
FYI, the SP2340 is one of the SIGs that you can convert to 9mm with a factory barrel. I have done it.

Wait so all I need is a factory 9mm barrel? Just like the .357sig barrel just a drop in change?

I'm assuming I need 9mm mags right

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm assuming I need 9mm mags right

9mm ammunition will feed from 40 magazines. I, as most here, only suggest this for range play.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow
what a heck of a deal.
I have been looking for one of these for a long time, and at that price you cannot beat it.

I wish I could find deals like that around here in Richmond. Maybe I will find some when I relocate to NC.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried to buy one of those in .357 Sig from a LGS. $399.99, no box, spare mags, or second grip. I have tried to convince them that particular gun is over priced.

You got a great buy.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post