SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a classic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a classic Login/Join 
posted
So in my journey of shooting, I decided to let my Tanfoglio Witness go, and pick up an old school classic.
Beretta 92A1 9mm

I thought the weight would bother me compared to my Sig. It doesn't. The SA trigger is superb, not light, but right in that happy range. DA is heavy, but smooth. When I first shot it, I thought it had a problem (unlike my Sig). I was all over the place. So I reloaded, refocused, good stance, good grip, careful aim, breathe, and slow trigger press... dead center.
It's not the pistol. Razz Now to figure it out.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Wow that's nice. I have never fired one.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can shoot the dick off a mouse with one of those, hands down one of the best range guns without breaking the bank.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If not made at least in the end of the curio and relic era not sure you can call it old school, but an ice pistol nonetheless!

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice gun! They ARE fun to shoot. Thanks for the post & picture,

Jery

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Very nice and welcome to the forum. I think we both missed the memo that stated DA/SA is dead. I couldn't resist this 92fs compact when I saw it.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey welcome and congrats on the 92A1...I get what your saying when you mean old school...It is not a plastic fantastic striker gun....It is a classic style DA/SA...The great thing about the 92A1 is the face that it has dove tail front and rear sights. Something us Beretta lovers wish Beretta would go to on all of the 92 series pistols.

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up beautiful Italian 92 FS Inox this year as well. Never been a fan boy but the are classics. It matches my lovely p226 German folded steel slide amazingneous.

Posts: 141 | Location: Fort Myers, FL , USA | Registered: March 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pick up. You'll find a few people here that absolutely love the 90 series Berettas, some even compete with them.
You can do a lot with them and get them to rival Wilson Combat Brig Tacs.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My highly favorable experiences with my 92A1 was what inspired me to pick up a M9A3. It just has that kind of effect on you.

Congrats. You will enjoy.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice choice. The 92 is my favorite pistol and will be the last to go,if that should happen. I put a "D" spring in mine and it is even better.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post