SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P227 14 round magazines - magazine drops
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P227 14 round magazines - magazine drops Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Looks like SIG may not be making these any more, although I thought I saw some at my FFL recently.

I bought a P227 some time ago along with some of the extended magazines. They had a tendency to drop out of the gun when fired. The 10 round mags did not do that, they were fine.

So, perhaps SIG decided they were a lost cause. Anyone else have these? Did they work for you? Do you know whether they are still being made but perhaps out of stock?

Any suggestions what might cause this.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one that I carry on duty. Got a couple hundred rounds through it with no issues.

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jjg5647:
I have one that I carry on duty. Got a couple hundred rounds through it with no issues.

So, you use the 14 round magazines and have not had a issue with them?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought several when I purchased my 227. None of them were reliable. Although my 227 has been totally reliable withe the 10 rd magazines, I was not able to get a full 14 rounds through any of the extended ones. Sig did, however, trade me for some more 10 round magazines. Lesson learned.

Posts: 84 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
It's been a while, but maybe I'll give it a try.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Sorry for not being helpful, but please post here with the results if you do. I'm at the point where I'd love to see SIG try making a 12-rounder just to see if they can ootch their way to the point where they can make a 14-rounder work. I mean, hell, FN managed to make 15-rounders work.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
What I have found, from personal experience, is the 14 round magazine issue is related to the model of P227 being used.

I have the P227 Equinox which will not reliably feed from a 14 round magazine, 10 round magazines are no problem. Yet in my P227 Tacops the same 14 round magazines feed perfectly.

Unfortunately, I have yet to determine why this is the case.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
What I have found, from personal experience, is the 14 round magazine issue is related to the model of P227 being used.

I have the P227 Equinox which will not reliably feed from a 14 round magazine, 10 round magazines are no problem. Yet in my P227 Tacops the same 14 round magazines feed perfectly.

Interesting. I have neither the Equinox or the TacOps. I have one of the original versions when they first came out. Its the regular full size version.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:

Interesting. I have neither the Equinox or the TacOps. I have one of the original versions when they first came out. Its the regular full size version.

I also had an original full size model and never experienced any issues using 14 round mags. At the time it seemed very gun specific to me; this just further proves that theory.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
never any problems with mine.

P1030196 by scott shafer, on Flickr

Posts: 83 | Registered: December 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
SIGWolf,
Are your magazines the original design that was shipped in he sealed plastic bags or the newer ones that ship in the cardboard and plastic display boxes?

I have heard of folks complaining about the original ones(myself included) but the newer ones work fine. At least for me

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
SIGWolf,
Are your magazines the original design that was shipped in he sealed plastic bags or the newer ones that ship in the cardboard and plastic display boxes?

I have heard of folks complaining about the original ones(myself included) but the newer ones work fine. At least for me

They were the original ones in the plastic. I haven't seen any in the cardboard boxes around here.

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
They were the original ones in the plastic. I haven't seen any in the cardboard boxes around here.

The newer magazines, in the box packaging, were rolled out more than a year ago. Mine were shipped to me in August

All I can say is that the ones in the plastic bags gave me trouble where the boxed ones did not

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a source for the 14rd? I'd like to get M-11 Jr 1 or 2 as a congrats gift for his promotion. Thanks.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
Anyone have a source for the 14rd? I'd like to get M-11 Jr 1 or 2 as a congrats gift for his promotion. Thanks.

Check with LA Police Gear dot com tomorrow.

Gunbroker has 4 brand new in the wrapper for sale but the price is outrageous at $99 each.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post