SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPS M2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPS M2 Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
I have a Walther PPS M2 on the way.

They can be had for $300 shipped right now.

I have to say, I'm fairly excited about this gun.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
I own the Classic or "M1" and love the platform.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
You will likely love it, as I do mine.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the LE version for $319, not so much for the sights but for the extra mag. Too good of a bargain to pass up.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I love the Walther PPS M2 and the PPQ M2 and have two of each. The PPS is my Summer pocket carry piece with the PPQ reserved for cold weather. They have all been utterly reliable and highly accurate for me. The grip fits my hands exquisitely and their triggers are some of the best.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunit:
I got the LE version for $319, not so much for the sights but for the extra mag. Too good of a bargain to pass up.

Where did you get it for $319 and was that OTD?

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Great handgun. My main carry piece now.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
I have a Walther PPS M2 on the way.

They can be had for $300 shipped right now.

I have to say, I'm fairly excited about this gun.

Great deal for someone interested in the gun. Not a particularly good thing for any authorized dealer sitting on inventory that they paid more for than what one internet dealer is selling the gun for. I know one specific Walther rep who is going to get an earful come Monday.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good deal, no doubt. Enjoy it.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buds and few other online dealers are selling the LE gun for $319. I saw the non LE PPS M2 for $275 shipped from one seller last week.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got it from Gunbuyer.com plus a few bucks shipping.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I guess things work out eventually.

Years ago, I really liked the Walther PPS M1.

But could not go the above $600 price tag back then.

With the advent of the M2 PPS, I bought 2 M1's, over a period of time, each at the $400 mark, one 40 cal, one 9mm.

The M2 is a great pistol, but I prefer the M1.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Best of luck with your PPS M2!!! I have one and it’s at the head of the line in my CCW options. The trigger was good from the start and quickly improved to outstanding. It’s never had a malfunction and is easily the most accurate 9mm that I own.

I swapped out the standard sights for a set of Trijicon HDs (orange front), replaced the standard recoil spring guide with an all stainless steel version, and several months ago applied the Talon rubber grip tape. For me, it’s the perfect set up for a compact, single stack 9mm. I carry mine in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II holster with a matching magazine pouch. It weighs almost nothing and I can’t even feel it’s presence.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pulicords,

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, love it. It's a bit of a handful with the flush magazine, as you might expect. (Reminds me more of a g27 than a G26.) It serves a purpose in my safe -- for the time and place when I need something extremely discreet.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I thought you might like to see my option for carrying the PPS M2 OWB. Its a Cape Buffalo hide Georgia Special II (GS2) by forum member Ryan Grizzle (aka: "Countryboy"). A very comfortable and special rig.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
A big selling point of these great little guns is the the slide is easier to rack than many other pistols in this size category. They are great for people with arthritis, or diminished hand strength.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Best selling 9mm carry gun in our shop. We have a hard time keeping them in stock.

Last nine customers who came in looking for a shield 9, left with a PPS!

If I didnt love my 3914 and CS9, I would have the PPS as my off duty/hot weather carry gun. It is that good. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
It's my favorite carry gun as well. Not only does it conceal well, it's very easy to shoot accurately. I was expecting my accuracy to fall off with the 6 round mag, seeing there's no pinky support, but that's not the case.

Here's my setup:

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I have the PPS Classic and love it. I put night sights on it and a piece of bicycle inner tube around the grip, as I found the regular grip uncomfortable. Great carry gun and very accurate.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
For those of you that upgraded, are they worth the upgrade from the M1?

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1616 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post