SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Springfield would you consider to buy with there current promo?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Springfield would you consider to buy with there current promo? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of the grip safety on Springfields. If I carry a striker fired gun IWB or AIWB I think the grip safety is a positive. I'd buy an XDS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10round,

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let’s also not forget how Springfield stabbed us gun owners in the back recently.

That has seethed in me ever since it happened last year. For a long while I very much wanted a M1A SOCOM but now that urge has long been quashed by their self-serving hi-jinx. I live in a state where the leftist anti-gunners have been putting the full-on bum rush to lawmakers, voters and especially gun owners; I certainly don't need stupid gun makers doing anything similar just so they can derive some token, short-term benefit for themselves. Get rid of that dumb ass CEO and maybe I'd rethink things. Maybe.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:
The XDM in 10mm is coming out in a few days, both 4.5 and 5.25... If you are into 10mm, might add it to the list.

I picked up the Springfield XDM in 10mm. Very nice shooting gun! I also sent in for the 3 Mags and a Bag promo. I filled out the online Rebate form and had the 3 mags/bag in 5 days!! I have never received a rebate offer that fast! Sweet deal. Bag is really nice and I now have 5 mags for my 4.5 inch 10mm ( I believe the 5.25 inch comes with 3 mags which would give you 6 mags with the rebate).

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I have an XDS in .40 which I really shoot well. I have Trijicon HD/XR sights on it and the gun is a great EDC.

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I dont own a striker fired plastic gun. But the XDs 45 Mod 2 is tempting. Except for that loaded chamber indicator on the top of the slide. Hate that part. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
quote:
The XDM in 10mm is coming out in a few days, both 4.5 and 5.25... If you are into 10mm, might add it to the list.

I picked up the Springfield XDM in 10mm. Very nice shooting gun! I also sent in for the 3 Mags and a Bag promo. I filled out the online Rebate form and had the 3 mags/bag in 5 days!! I have never received a rebate offer that fast! Sweet deal. Bag is really nice and I now have 5 mags for my 4.5 inch 10mm ( I believe the 5.25 inch comes with 3 mags which would give you 6 mags with the rebate).

Let us know how the 10mm does. I'm interested in the 5.25

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What have I missed? Why are some of you so down on Springfield? I was thinking about getting another M1A.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
quote:

Let us know how the 10mm does. I'm interested in the 5.25

Got my mag promo in less than 2 weeks, great turn around time! Got my 5.25 to the range yesterday for the first time. Shot reloads (HPs), factory HPs and some Sig Elite 180. Fantastic shooter and great grouping. It shot low for me but nothing the adjustable rear sight couldn't take care of.

Overall, happy with it. Recoil isn't too bad, and I liked it better than the 5.25 in 45ACP.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently trying to talk myself out of a XDM 10MM

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield Armory 1911 MIL-SPEC .45ACP. $549.99 at Sportsman Warehouse. 5" barrel, two 7 round magazines and combat sights.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I believe the current promo is only good on XD series guns so no thanks.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only one I would consider is the 1911 in 10mm. Already have a Springfield 1911 in 45acp in my collection.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
Currently trying to talk myself out of a XDM 10MM

I held one last week and want one with the 4.5" barrel.

I used to send requests to Springfield years ago asking for a 10mm XD(M) so I suppose I have an obligation to buy one. It's the right thing to do.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Promos don't get me to buy guns I don't already want.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot the XD/XDm line the best out of any pistol but I don't own any anymore.
My LGS has a boatload of Springfields and they have sale tags on them. Cheap prices.
I still won't bite.
Just not a big fan of the company anymore.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went for the 5.25" xdm in 10MM

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post