SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Springfield would you consider to buy with there current promo?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Springfield would you consider to buy with there current promo? Login/Join 
Picture of Jimg1960
posted
I Limit myself because I prefer hammer fired, and at least a decocker. Are there any other Springfields besides the xd/e that I should consider? What would you buy? I don’t know if I’ll buy one but the 3 free extra mags are like $100.00 off the price of the gun.Sorta and a free range bag.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't mind Springfields, but I wouldn't let the current promo lead me to buy something. It is a great deal, but a deal SA offers normally once a year. In fact, I think they have offered it twice this year, the first one for CCW pistols only.

But, to answer your question, the 5.25 is a great shooting pistol, especially with a trigger kit (and comes w/3 mags), I carry an XDS and XDM compact and like both of them.

If your stuck on hammer fired, I'd skip the promotion and look elsewhere, unless you desire the XDE. At a minimun, wait until they offer it again for the 1911's and such and get one of them!

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
unless they make a really outasight 1911 , my answer would be "none"

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
None. Springfield is dead to me.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Thank you P. duly noted

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Only Springfield that I would consider is another EMP 9mm. I've had three, one worked, one didn't, one was sold un-fired.

Still, for some strange reason whenever I see one in my LGS, it kind of calls my name... Confused

Three extra mags is always a nice deal.
But, I see that the EMP is not included in the deal...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I'm having a lot of fun with the XD-E. PSA or somebody had them at like $329 with a laser a couple of months ago. Said "what the hell" it's one of the few "compact" DA/SA's on the market. Kind of klunky but accurate, good sights, decocker/safety, the dreaded Grip Zone, no grip safety, and lots of mags. Shoots everything from crap reloads to HST's without fail so far. Gave up on Springfield years ago but couldn't resist the "deal" on this one. Almost ashamed to say I really like it.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
$100 off the price of a gun that's a $250 Croatian gun that Springfield marks up to $500+, and then uses words like "Xtreme" and "zone" to trick people into buying it.

Nothing in this world is free...

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
Only Springfield that I would consider is another EMP 9mm. I've had three, one worked, one didn't, one was sold un-fired.

Still, for some strange reason whenever I see one in my LGS, it kind of calls my name... Confused

Three extra mags is always a nice deal.
But, I see that the EMP is not included in the deal...

I checked out the EMP I see why you like them, never shot one but they look nice. I would consider that and the range officer compact looks pretty good also. They all had descent sights a big plus. I’m glad their not part of the promo, Their price point put them a little above my budget. Razz

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
I'm having a lot of fun with the XD-E. PSA or somebody had them at like $329 with a laser a couple of months ago. Said "what the hell" it's one of the few "compact" DA/SA's on the market. Kind of klunky but accurate, good sights, decocker/safety, the dreaded Grip Zone, no grip safety, and lots of mags. Shoots everything from crap reloads to HST's without fail so far. Gave up on Springfield years ago but couldn't resist the "deal" on this one. Almost ashamed to say I really like it.

How is the laser holding up?
if someone makes a good reliable pistol with features others don’t offer, at a great price, I would consider buying them.

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
It's a Viridian red laser that attaches to the trigger guard. About 1000 rounds thru the gun and, once zeroed, the laser has been accurate and perhaps a little brighter than the CT lasers I have on a couple of other guns.

Forgot to mention in first post that, as well as the $329 deal on the gun, also got two 8 round and one 9 round mag free from Springfield.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.springfield-armory...d-service-model-9mm/

I still really like mine after 10 years.

( even if they refuse to move to Iowa)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I have medium size hands. I had an XD40 that felt great in my hand and shot accurately and reliably, but would 'bite' my trigger finger.
I no longer have it.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm done with Springfield.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, my XD-E is a modern day S&W 3914. Thinner and feels lighter but a little bigger. MUCH lighter than a P239. Zero reliability issues, good price, cheap mags and a rail for a CT mini-laser. Keep mine nearby, on safe, at night and have no reservations at all about it. Will look great when I finally get the jingle to have the slide coated (stainless look) and barrel plated.

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Maybe a Range Officer or a higher end model 1911 but I would feel really dirty doing it.

But none of the XD series ever got me excited.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nothing they sell excites me, other than a 1911 if you don’t already have one.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After owning a few Springfield pistols for a long time I’d go with none.
Triggers are crap and mags aren’t much better and they are a pain in the ass to change the sights on.

Let’s also not forget how Springfield stabbed us gun owners in the back recently.

If you want a striker gun then go with just about any other big manufacturer (smith,Glock,HK,walther) etc..

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I am a dyed in the wool DA/SA guy. But, I would say hands down XDS 9mm. Great little pistol.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37082 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The XDM in 10mm is coming out in a few days, both 4.5 and 5.25... If you are into 10mm, might add it to the list.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post