SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P22x light set up pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P22x light set up pics Login/Join 
Picture of ducatiti
posted
So I have a Sig P226 Scorpion in jail right now and want to buy a light for HD. (CA waiting period lingo)

Can you share what you have with pics if possible?

I'm considering the newish TLR-7 but I haven't seen pics on a Sig since they are so new.

Thank you in advance.

Posts: 56 | Registered: June 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
I have two TLR-7s on Glock 19s and carry one daily. The switch has a proper combat application and is better than the paddle switch by far. When I compare the 7 to the older TLR-1s and M3 LEDs, it makes me wish the 7s were out over a decade ago. I may be getting another TLR-7 for my P229.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pointman73:
I have two TLR-7s on Glock 19s and carry one daily. The switch has a proper combat application and is better than the paddle switch by far. When I compare the 7 to the older TLR-1s and M3 LEDs, it makes me wish the 7s were out over a decade ago. I may be getting another TLR-7 for my P229.

Thanks for the input. I currently have a TLR-8 for my Glock and love it. I just wish they have a dessert tan tlr-7.

Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pointman73:

Mind installing it on your sig and post a picture?

Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
My P229 is currently at the spa and I will be getting it back around the middle of the month. I will take pics of it with a TLR-1HL and TLR-7.

Here is a family photo I forgot about.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
My P226 Combat with a TLR1 HL.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
So I went with the TLR-8 for my Sig 226 mainly for HD

For outdoor ranges, I will be using this

I am also awaiting delivery for a TLR-1 HL FDE Brown/Bronze a well Smile

Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
Just received the TLR-1 FDE Dark Bronze..looks so sick Smile Has a different texture as well which feels premium.

Now I can't make up my mind where to mount them lol. Should I switch them around or leave them as is? Now I'm tempted to purchase the regular FDE variant lol. First time I've ever seen the TLR-1 in person...and I thought the TLR-8 was already bright. These are blinding!

Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
The hunt for my Sig P226 Scorpion weapon light is officially over Smile

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Looks good! Yes they're bright but they chew through batteries if you use them a bit.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
Did you guys know that you can activate constant strobe without having to hold down the activation lever on the TLR-1 HL?

Just flick the constant on lever slightly once, and quickly tap to lock it. Now strobe is constantly on.

Am I the last one to know that this can be done? Smile

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
On the TLR1s, the strobe is activated by double-tapping the lever. Sounds like the HL is the same.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
I meant strobe can be activated even by letting go of the lever after two taps.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ducatiti:
I meant strobe can be activated even by letting go of the lever after two taps.

Yes it works the same way - I'm one of those (few?) people who read the manuals lol.

Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
Finally got my P229 back from the frame getting a Cerakote finish to cover up some chips from the safe. Here are both lights on the pistol. I put a small piece of black athletic tape on the rail since I will be using different holsters and lights constantly, until I get another P229 9mm DAK.

Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
Need your opinions, what would you go for on a Scorpion, black or tan?

vs.