SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New GGI Flat Trigger for classic P-Series
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New GGI Flat Trigger for classic P-Series Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
GGI has introduced a new Legion style flat trigger for the classic P-Series DA/SA. I am not a fan of flat faced triggers but man this is nice.

Sorry I don't have the password to my image account, but if someone wants to steal it off of Instagram and post it here thanks.

https://instagram.com/p/BTbgeBkhRu3/

Street price is $62.50 and will be on the website soon.

If you are at NRA, they have them for sale now.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the assist

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Not familiar with the concept of a flat trigger. What is the advantage that this gives over the traditional curved trigger?

Is there more control, and if so, why?

It seems like the trigger reach is quite long.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Thanks for the assist

No problem. Looks interesting, I've never shot anything with a flat trigger other than a 1911 but they seem to be all the rage with some people for their ARs.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
As discussed in another recent thread, the reach to middle of the trigger face is no longer than to the middle of the curved standard (not “short reach”) trigger. But because there’s no projection toward the front at the bottom, I can shoot guns with straight face triggers while wearing light gloves, something that’s difficult to impossible with standard triggers.

What I find especially valuable about the straight face trigger is that because my index finger curves down toward the bottom of the trigger guard, I contact the curved trigger at the front pointy part. That’s uncomfortable and doesn’t provide as good trigger control. When shooting my finger then slides up to the middle part of the curve and then my finger is no longer in its natural position with respect to my hand.

In addition to the straight-faced Apex trigger for my P320, I have three Armory Craft triggers of the same type for SIG Classic-line pistols and am very happy with all of them.

My own question: Will the GGI straight trigger fit DAK pistols (of the appropriate models)?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I like a flat faced trigger also. I added one to my Glock and later (when I could actually find / afford one) to the X-Six.

Hint: Either one set me back more than $62.50, so the GGI is a deal.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Somebody please put this on your P229 Legion and let me know how it is. Thanks!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!! Now I just need to be able to buy this in a P-Pak action kit for my '95 P220. :-) hint, hint.

Rick

Posts: 53 | Registered: May 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love flat faced triggers, so glad gg is introducing these for the classic sig, they will sell a bunch. Count me in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Draggun,

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I think this will be great on my P226 that has the P-PAK hammer, sear, and safety already. It will also make the triggers similar with my P320 and P226 Legion SAO.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I installed mine in an M11-A1 and really digging it so far. Here's a pic of the face of the trigger

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I tried an Apex flat trigger on my P320. For some reason, it just was not meant for me. Everyone has their preferences. For me, I like the traditional curved trigger. Just installed the GGI PELT curved on my P320, and cannot wait to get that to a range. Dry firing it is sweet.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I installed mine in an M11-A1 and really digging it so far. Here's a pic of the face of the trigger

Looks great Mr Rail-less and tail-less lol! I need to buy another M11-A1. I don't know why I ever traded that sweet gun.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the NRA show, Jerry showed me a Legion with this trigger, it wowed me, to say the least. I will be getting one.

Posts: 216 | Registered: January 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

My own question: Will the GGI straight trigger fit DAK pistols (of the appropriate models)?

Hi, old friend!

Yes, it sure will.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I tried an Apex flat trigger on my P320. For some reason, it just was not meant for me. Everyone has their preferences. For me, I like the traditional curved trigger. Just installed the GGI PELT curved on my P320, and cannot wait to get that to a range. Dry firing it is sweet.

Thank you!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
It has not been mentioned before, but this trigger has adjustments for pre-travel and over-travel. The draft of the description is as follows:

Compatible with all modern P-Series...P220, 224, 225A1, 226, 227, 228, 229, X5 AllRound

Adjustable for DA slack and SA over-travel

Optimized trigger face pressure-wall angle for outstanding single action sear release and positive, ultra-fast reset control

Ergonomic design affords superior double-action leverage and control

Designed for optimal use with the SRT sear and safety lever system and Grayguns P-PAK Action Upgrade components

Duty-rated, ultra-reliable and durable. Backed by Grayguns Inc. lifetime guarantee.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Hi, old friend!

Yes, it sure will.

-Bruce

Thank you!

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post