SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Grouse's oddball nature, IWI Baby Eagle and Jericho 941
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grouse's oddball nature, IWI Baby Eagle and Jericho 941 Login/Join 
posted
So just before moving to CT from Seattle, I horse traded a SKS for a Baby Eagle. Now this thing came with 6 mags an extra barrel. and a few hundred rounds of ammo.

It had sat on the local gun sale forum for a good long while. So i took a chance on it.
Here it is.

Yep, your eyes are bleeding. I shot this pistol at the time. 300-400 rounds or so. It fired just fine. I could not stand that silliness that was the gun kote crap.
I put it in my trusty harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner. It took about 5 to 6 seperate cleanings. It turned out like this.

Now, i had been posting updates on the restoration process on the local gun page. A guy offered me a crap ton of money. I could not say no. So I sold it. He offered me more money than it was worth. When he cam over for the gun i had it stripped down, showing him that the gun had a lot of small bits of gun kote to be removed. He was fine with that.

about 5-6 weeks later the new owner calls me up and asks if i knew that the firing pin was a drill bit. I said what? he replys, yeah dude the firing pin is a broken drill bit. I thought he was joking. He said that it shot just fine, and he hadn't had an issue. he had sent it off to get cera koted.

Well, I wish i had kept the pistol, drill bit firing pin or not. Since then i have been jonesing for one. I wanted one with the frame safety. Enter the Jericho 941. I ran across a new one at a gun show. I was really impressed with the 941. So, I had my local GS order me one.

Here it is, I have had this for over a year now. It is my routine carry when on the tractor, scag lawn mower, and general all around the farm workhorse. It now has about 1500 rounds through it. Maybe a bit more.
It is starting to get a little bit or character wear.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
ARRRRGH!!!

Okay, I found some Visine, scrolled to the third picture, and now I'm all better. Didn't know you could get an ultrasonic cleaner from Cardboard Freight that would work six times before it broke. Turned out pretty good. I would have had a hard time selling after resurrecting it, so he must have paid you well. I have to ask, was the extra barrel chambered in .41 AE? That would have been all I needed to know.

The 941 looks sweet with the frame safety and the wood grips.

I'm into the full size Desert Eagle, but I hope to have one of these someday...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it was 9mm. The original owner wanted to thread it. If i remember correctly it was a jarvis barrel. I really like shooting the 941. The iwi was also pleasant to shoot. I did not care whole bunch for the slide mounted safety.

My biggest issue with the jericho 941 is the da trigger pull. It is creepy, and has a couple of areas where it stacks.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The 941 is a great feeling pistol, and I'm glad they are importing frame safety variants. If I came across one at a good price I would be tempted.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol. The grey color was...interesting.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
Nice pistol. The grey color was...interesting.

I'm going to have nightmares about that. I can't even fathom why someone would even have the thought to do that to a gun.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell me about it. I had made the horse trade be that sks was banned by name in ct according to the state trooper i was talking to at time. I didnt even get a chance to own the pistol long enough to really enjoy it. Before the guy offered me stupid money. Then i get to ct and find sks's up the freaken wazzu.

I am happier with the jericho, i do wish i had the imi as a conversation piece.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Ughh, looked like someone took Krylon to it. Have a friend that repaired a rifle firing pin with a drill bit. He can make or repair about anything. I’ve been resisting one of those Jericho’s for a year. Tempting. Love the new one you have. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post