SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Great gunsmithing experience
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great gunsmithing experience Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted
Back in January I posted about a pistol repair that required welding.
A Forum member (Editor, I believe) e-mailed me about Pullman Arms in Worcester, MA.
They do micro-welding as well as general gunsmithing.

I finally got around to contacting them last month, emailing them photos and details of what I wanted repaired. Kyle Mann responded that Pullman Arms could do the job. I sent the repair in and got it back today (Sunday, no less) - less than two weeks later.

The results greatly exceeded my expectation, for a number of reasons:
- the quick turn-around time. Two weeks is amazing to me for a gunsmithing job.
- the great price for the job.
- the expert quality of the work and the refinishing of the repair area.
- the great communication, both by email and by phone of Kyle and his staff.

I have no relationship with this company in any way; I'm just pleased beyond words with the experience and wanted to pass this along to Sig Forum members in case you need any gun work done.

Pullman Arms will definitely get my business in the future.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool. I'll keep them in mind.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
On time, on budget, great work & communication?

Unheard of! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is shipping to them handled? Do they have a UPS or FedEx Account that one can pay a reduced rate to use vs going to a shipper yourself? I had to ship a handgun to TN for work and it cost me 115 overnight with insurance. UPS and FedEx only ship overnight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I shipped to them on my own. They shipped it back via USPS.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
On time, on budget, great work & communication?

These folks are a class professional organization. Pullman Arms and MicroArc Welding are the same owner and under the same roof. MicroArc does a lot of specialized one-off fabrication in a variety of industries and they also support the gunsmiths. I've seen welded slides and newly fabricated parts for long out-of-production firearms where the repairs are visually perfect; probably X-ray could detect the welds, but a human cannot.

I recommend them highly.

Posts: 41 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: August 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they would do plastic welding on a polymer frame.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Good to know!

Would you consider posting a description of the work performed and before/ after pics of the work?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The slide had a piece broken out of the side at the bottom of the front serrations:

Here is the completed repair:

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Without seeing the slide interior side of the repair area its difficult to judge the quality of the repair...but WOW, aesthetics wise that repair looks fantastic! In an area where the gripping ridges are and there doesn't appear to be any metal discoloration no less!!!

Very impressive! Good to know that an outfit with this level of capabilities is available.

Thanks for posting the description of work and before/ after pics!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The interior looks just as good.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Micro Arc is at the top of the list when it comes to precision welding.

When I was still working they were the place we went to for welding of damaged injection molds.
If you told them you wanted a 1/32 bead right here, that's exactly what you got.

They did a LOT of work for us.

They actually do repair work for Kahr Arms as well.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Sending my Frommer Liliput to them to have the extractor replaced. Great communication so far & quoted a reasonable price.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Sending my Frommer Liliput to them to have the extractor replaced. Great communication so far & quoted a reasonable price.

UPDATE:

Can't say enough good things about Pullman Arms.
UPS'd the pistol last Thursday. Arrived Monday @ 10am. 5pm Monday they call, its cleaned fixed & test fired. $64 total with shipping. Got it back today. I'm very happy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
wow, that looks awesome!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn. That looks fantastic in the photo.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can they work on aluminum frames?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Can they work on aluminum frames?
I don't know, but if anyone can, they can.
Send Kyle Mann at Pullman an e-mail stating your need.
He was quick to get back to me and tell me they could do the work I wanted.