SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning bda 38super box papers value.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning bda 38super box papers value. Login/Join 
posted
Hey i am looking at one for 935. Box papers, smiley on the barrel and recoil rod. No wear on frame rails, slide or grips.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
A bit high unless nickel. BDA's in normal calibers go for $500 -700 typically. A rare config can drive the price up to crazy levels though so more info is needed (and pics?)

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Funny you should ask. I was on vacation in Montana and went to a gun shop because it's not a CA gun shop so it actually has guns....

Anyway, they also have one on consignment for around $1,700.

Here is a link to their ad:
www.CustomChopInc.com/product/browning-bda-45-auto-double-action-pistol-like-new-in-box/

Because I'm not able to purchase it due to stupidly insane CA laws, I did not ask to handle it. I did not check the barrel or rails for wear.

I thought their asking price was obscene. But in the past, I have been offered $1,000 to $1,200 by SigForum members who wanted to purchase my .45 cal BDA.

For me, the question about price must also include the availability and intentions.

When was the last time you saw one available, when might you see another one available?

What are your intentions, is it an investment, is it for your collection, is it to shoot?

An investment means that you are willing to sell it after it's value has increased by some percentage. As long as you know the value will increase, does this price matter?

If it's for your collection, is this price worth the pleasure it will bring you as you maintain it and show it to others?

If it's to shoot, is the price in line to what you would pay for any other Sig you take to the range or use on the job?

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
A bit high unless nickel. BDA's in normal calibers go for $500 -700 typically. A rare config can drive the price up to crazy levels though so more info is needed (and pics?)

No factory nickel BDA / Sig's were made.

As far as value goes, I think a fair price for a 98% BDA chambered in 38 super with box is in the $1,500 - $1,700 ballpark.

The gun in the link looks like it's got quite a bit of wear on it and I'd value it much lower than their asking price of $1,700.00

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I generally hate the posts that list some silly low price for a rarish gun that someone found in a pawn shop that had no idea. But here goes as sometimes it helps to see other prices paid. I recently (March) paid $600 for a second one of these, with box that is original but beat up, 2 mags. From a dealer that knew exactly what it was and that I would want it. Some wear as it had been shot but nothing serious.
I'd consider anything up to $800 as something I would buy if another one showed up at my dealer. But that's just me. I've paid way more than market for some things that I really wanted and in this case the number available is really limited.
What I love about these is the color some parts get over time, really love it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blindref:
quote:

As far as value goes, I think a fair price for a 98% BDA chambered in 38 super with box is in the $1,500 - $1,700 ballpark.

The gun in the link looks like it's got quite a bit of wear on it and I'd value it much lower than their asking price of $1,700.00

I saw a mint nickel 220 for an obscene amount ($3800 I think?) on GB last night and a BDA for $499 on Cabelas. I think I just conflated the info but thanks for the clarification. I know more about the Beretta made BDA's than the Sig offerings

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fwiw it is at the short pump cabelas. I like 38 supers, but I have a combat master going to yost. I would rather put that 1k with tax to that work.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P220 BDAs are a bit more hard to find than the West German .38Supers, 9mm and .45s. The .38Supers seem to bring in higher dollar figures with the .45s being the lowest. In its current condition, it probably worth $1,500 +/- provided the box and paperwork are in good shape.

Posts: 151 | Location: Asheville,NC | Registered: April 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treadhead:
The P220 BDAs are a bit more hard to find than the West German .38Supers, 9mm and .45s. The .38Supers seem to bring in higher dollar figures with the .45s being the lowest. In its current condition, it probably worth $1,500 +/- provided the box and paperwork are in good shape.

The box is 60%, it is banged up but their. The insert is there as is the manual.

They also had a bda in 45acp with box and paperwork for 770. I did not check it for wear.

I did take the 38 super down though, it was as stated above. With 1 mag

Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blindref:
quote:

I saw a mint nickel 220 for an obscene amount ($3800 I think?) on GB last night and a BDA for $499 on Cabelas. I think I just conflated the info but thanks for the clarification. I know more about the Beretta made BDA's than the Sig offerings

That factory nickel P220 38 super with an American mag release for $3,900.00 on GunBroker is one of a very, very small handful known to exist. It belongs to one of the members here and if I had unlimited funds it would be mine!

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
That BDA is waaaaay over priced. I may be wrong but I think it is the one on Guns International that has been on there a long time. No takers because of the high price.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Does sound kinda high price but being as there were only 752 of the .38 Super BDAs imported, I can see where they could in time bring over $900.00. IIRC, the .38 Super BDAs were all EU magazine release guns. Someone who may know different may correct me but for now, that's my story. Those early P220s had some attributes about them that make them a classy piece to own.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
.38 Super BDAs were all EU magazine release guns.

Correct. All BDA's had the Euro release. The "American" P220-1 was introduced in 1985.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post