SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    VTAC in the HOUSE!! *big pic warning, not even sorry*
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VTAC in the HOUSE!! *big pic warning, not even sorry* Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
Traded in a P250, Benelli Nova 20ga and a few bones for this earlier today. Super stoked about it, after using C_Swimm's X-5 in a few matches, I knew I need an X-series. I used his with irons and then with the Romeo 1, and decided I don't need the optics ability at this point in time.

I have less than $600 in this after trade+cash (got steals on the two guns I gave them) so this makes me even happier about it.

Still not sure how I feel about the stacked sights, but I'll give them a good try before I consider a dawson solution.

Range/match report to come!

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What's with the 4-dot rear sight?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
It's a VTAC thingy. I never have gotten the purpose. The M&P VTACs use the same sight setup.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I picked up mine a few weeks ago on a similar trade. Mine had probably one mag fired thru it. Spare mags were still in the plastic and factory lube was still showing.

Local store said the previous owner bought it, ran a mag thru it, and returned it for a trade.

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thats a damn nice pistol! I really like the raised areas of its slide where the sites dovetail in. I bet it will be a fine shooter. Oh hell, I can make out slide serrations atop its slide. Its a P320 whats evolved.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:

Its a V-Tac thing. Fiber Optics on the top for daylight. Night sights on the bottom well for....night.

I've never tried them but just holding it and looking down them I'm not a fan.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:

Its a V-Tac thing. Fiber Optics on the top for daylight. Night sights on the bottom well for....night.

Not for me. Just makes things more complicated.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
If it were cut for a red dot, I'd buy this version of the X-Series. Without the cut, I'm not much interested. I do like the color.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

Not for me. Just makes things more complicated.

Maybe TruGlo have a patent on their product? This is a way around it?
My initial sight picture impression would be confusion.

Good looking pistol though. Still on the fence about the P320 X-Five.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder how much Bruce Gray influenced the design of this gun ? I mean if he could give a hint.. Cool

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The Tritium Night sites are for when the fibre optics inevitably break (like they did with my M&P VTAC). S&W Service said they had a very high breakage rate on them when I sent mine in. They do look good in bright daylight when they aren't broken.........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Dawson all the things!!!!!

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Looks much better, to me, with the Dawson sights.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post