SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shot the G17; Want DA/SA pistol - Sig, CZ, Beretta?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot the G17; Want DA/SA pistol - Sig, CZ, Beretta? Login/Join 
Picture of musc
posted Hide Post
I feel the same way about not enjoying shooting Glocks. I think they are pretty cool guns and hard to beat the value of one. I get enamored with them looking online, videos, etc. Then I buy them, don't enjoy them, sell them and the repeat the cycle somewhere down the line. You'd think I'd learn my lesson. I got a few now that I can't even give away. Well not literally but obviously the market is saturated.

If you like your Ed Brown and 1911s in general give them Wilson EDC X9 a look. I pretty much only shoot 45 but wanted a 9mm as well to shoot. One that I would enjoy. I have a G19 but just don't enjoy it. My P226 is great but I prefer the grip of a P220. The EDC X9 probably fits my hand better than any other gun I have, including all my 1911s. There are a lot of cheaper options but for me it has made shooting 9mm fun again.

Posts: 93 | Location: SC | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As stated above, I would take a hard look at Hk's, but the 226 or 229 are fantastic pistols. I am rekindling my love of them lately.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Another WC pistol to consider is the Centurion Tactical.

Personally, I think it balances a little better overall than the BrigTac.
It's a dream to shoot, even stock. (I elected to NOT have the WC Action Tune done - but I *might* swap the "D" spring for a 14lb WC mainspring down the road.)
I shot just about my best IDPA match ever last month with it, and it's now one of my primary carry pistols.

I'd probably go CenTac, Beretta w/ LTT's TJIAB, 226, and 2022 (in that order).

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
When I perform a true action job on my personal guns it takes a solid 4-5 hours.

Piedrarc - what do you do for a full trigger job?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
When I perform a true action job on my personal guns it takes a solid 4-5 hours.

My man Piedrarc is on R&R for a couple of weeks with the family. I ll hit him up when he gets back on the air so he sees this.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Stone and polish Or high polish (mainly contact areas)-
Sear, sear pin, wilson trigger bar (no doubt the DA hammer arc increase is a must for lighter hammer springs)includes the inside of the trigger bar spring area, hammer strut, hammer spring ends both, hammer spring cup inside, hammer, hammer pin, trigger pin, inside of trigger hole pin and trigger bar hole. I also build up material on the back of the trigger to make my own over travel stops, cause the Wilson trigger bar doesn’t allow OT adjustment in all 92’s.
I also polish up the firing pin safety so that is moves smoothly.
With all that said I also prefer to fit a PX4 hammer which is 2 grams lighter than the Elite hammer and paired with #12 chrome silicon spring it’s what I personally prefer and gives me a 3.5lb SA and a 6lb DA with about 98% ignition with all types of ammo. Added plus is it’s been 100% with Defense ammo.
Hopefully that covers most of it, but I’m on vacation if I forget something.

For all that if someone doesn’t feel completely comfortable, I’d say LTT would be the way to go. No doubt

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The M9A3 is now out in black.

Everyone should own a 92 pistol, a Glock 19, and a P228.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
The M9A3 is now out in black.

And someone is trying to decide how much he'll lose selling the tan one he just purchased (because I thought that it would be a year before the black ones rolled out.) Frown

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can I get partial credit for a P229.....in .40. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh man...are we going to see that M9A3 in the classifieds? Call me crazy, but I actually prefer the tan color of this model.

I actually picked up a G19 over the weekend...with a G21 (I had a few beers, I was weak and it was a solid package deal!). I also purchased an Apex trigger for my G17 which during dry fire is much better than the stock shoe.

So my gun fund is lower than before, but I'm still eyeing the M9A3 and the CZ Shadow 2. I'm hopeful that I'll get to pick up both at some point, just trying to figure out which one first.

Posts: 406 | Location: NW FL | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
It's almost would match perfectly with my 50 Shades of FDE SCAR. LOL
Big Grin Razz

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:

Can I get partial credit for a P229.....in .40. Razz

Funny thing is, those are the three pistols I still own (mostly).

92F, P228R, and 19X. So...*almost* the list!

I love each for what they are. I really hated shooting Glocks, but something about the 19X is actually pretty enjoyable. My 92F is older than I am, but still a dream to shoot too.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ 75. Main liability is no mechanical decocker. But then I shoot a lot of 1911 so I know what a thumb safety is.

I have a P226 CPO GGI. Main liability is small size and non-1911 location of slide stop, which is a strong factor to an IDPA shooter.

I would like to work with a Beretta, preferably a LTT Elite, but don't know if I care enough to buy one.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B92. Only one on your list that you can buy a tuned one from big names AND/OR easy enough to work on that you can do it yourself.

I am not brave enough to try taking apart let alone putting back together a CZ sear cage. Nope. Had my old 1911 guy do a trigger job on my PO1 and he did an outstanding job and said he wouldn't do another. lol

226's are great but I don't like the decocker location and I like to ride the slide lock if my attention/technique wanes.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Big Grin Razz

Yeah, the M9A3 is the only pistol tickling my radar right now - I think I'd prefer a Black Italian G-model, but we'll see if I go FDE in the end. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Big Grin Razz

Yeah, the M9A3 is the only pistol tickling my radar right now - I think I'd prefer a Black Italian G-model, but we'll see if I go FDE in the end. Wink

Same here.

Need to find one locally and see how the Vertec grip feels compared to the regular curved backstrap.