SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shot the G17; Want DA/SA pistol - Sig, CZ, Beretta?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot the G17; Want DA/SA pistol - Sig, CZ, Beretta? Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yep....all the action tune does is polish moving parts. It doesn't touch the sear or change the pivot points of the system.

The SAO break on my $4k 92 Centennial was terrible, too. AAGW cleaned it up for me and on my second one, Wilson Combat did a proper trigger job on it. AAGW > Wilson when comparing them side by side.

My CenTac that AAGW tweaked is much better...Josh swapped the trigger out for his Speedbump blade which has an overtravel stop on it.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And yet, every WC Brig Tac owner on here has raved about how fantastic their gun's trigger is. What's up with that? I must be the most unlucky SOB who got the only gun with the crappy trigger. Roll Eyes

Sorry, but since WC already told me that's just the way it is, I'm not wasting any more money on them.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
It's like traveling and relying on Yelp to choose a local restaurant; the ratings are relative to what else is around, not to your experience elsewhere. The WC action tune does nothing more than you can do by adding a D-spring to a well worn gun with surfaces smoothed out over time.

92's still need sear work. My all steel, SAO 92's with pre and post travel adjustments and trigger jobs have nice engagement but they're nowhere near the SP-01 Shadow I have that has had a lot of TLC.

Perhaps there's confirmation bias at play here as well. People want to justify to themselves spending 2x on a 92

posted Hide Post
If the 92 FS was not the Army's sidearm and not in the movies (big gun with small slide looks appealing) would it be that popular today? CZ has a much bigger and diverse line than Beretta. It may be worth looking at them. One negative is racking the small slide since so much on in rides inside the frame.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Man, get what your comfortable with and invest the time in it.

I've shot a few CZ's and they are definitely not my thing. No matter what the fan boys say of them. They are no better or worse than the options you have listed.

Sig's are good, but I prefer the Beretta because I found it easy to work on and maintain. I have had parts break in the gun that I could fix in 15 minutes. With proper maintenance, its rare to have the gun go down. I'm putting a minimum of 1500 a month through a 92 and probably triple that in dry fire.

Now onto the trigger, I actually had Wilson tune my Brig, which is the least favorite of all my 92's cause I personally think the Brig slide is not worth the weight in a 9mm. The action job is minimal, for the 100 bucks I expected that is would make little difference. It's minimal.

When I perform a true action job on my personal guns it takes a solid 4-5 hours.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yeah....you can do better on your own if you can do basic takedown procedures and have a Dremel, a polishing felt bit and flitz. I prefer stainless slides so I can stone and polish the rails and feed strip. I've seen several 92 slides with visible tool marks in these areas...the slide will never feel smooth if they're that bad.

The new LTT 92 is basically the Elite III (the EII had the TLC on the slide mentioned above). Inox Vertec slide and with the action tune Ernie does, it should fix the travel issues b/c it has the new WC trigger bar.

posted Hide Post
My choice would be some member of the SIG classic P-series.

I like Berettas and I have a 92FS that I have installed a WC short reach trigger and reduced power hammer spring in. I also have one DA/SA Beretta mini-Cougar and a Stoeger Cougar, both F models (DA/SA with safety/decocker).

I also prefer the P229 to the P226 by a small margin and own two P229s on which I have installed Grayguns P-SAIT triggers, SRT kits, and 19lb hammer springs.

I have handled a bunch of CZs but never owned one. They feel good in my hand, but to tell the truth, of the DA/SA CZs I have actually shot, I was not terribly impressed with the stock trigger action.

Although I judge the DA and SA triggers to be good on both the Berettas and the SIGs, I give the nod to my SIG P229s.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

The new LTT 92 is basically the Elite III (the EII had the TLC on the slide mentioned above). Inox Vertec slide and with the action tune Ernie does, it should fix the travel issues b/c it has the new WC trigger bar.

Yea, I'm getting a EIII. If everything works out I should have Ser #75, with the significance that number has to me. Actually my EII has the worst machining marks on the inside. But I would probably say thats consistent with my luck.
I've also found that the Wilson trigger bar doesn't fix over-travel in all guns, they are to many variances in tolerances. I actually dropped a WC trigger bar into a Brig Tac with no adjustment and no way of adjusting over-travel. On another gun, it required fitting. I make all my own speed bump triggers, to me its really the only solution to get the over-travel how it should be.

I should see the EIII next month. It will be my first LTT gun and I opted for him to tune it.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm looking at Sig P239 (discontinued, heard it's accurate), P226, CZ Shadow 2, Beretta M9A3, and Wilson Combat Beretta Brig Tac 92.

With that list I feel like you can't go wrong with whatever you select. I'd give the edge to the 226, first reason it's my favorite gun ever manufactured. Second it's gorgeous. Third almost no recoil. Fourth it's sexy. Fifth track record/history (the freaking Seals carry it). Sixth it's very accurate. Seventh it's beautiful.

Get the 226, I've yet to let someone shoot one and have them put it down before the mag was empty. If not 226, then I'd go with 92 variant.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by piedrarc:I make all my own speed bump triggers, to me its really the only solution to get the over-travel how it should be./QUOTE]

are using delrin or JBweld? I'd like to do it for all my guns but cost-prohibitive to buy them already done (plus one size doesn't fit all like you said due to tolerance stacking).

Other way is the adustable trigger from BUSA but hate the marks on the frame that result. My Vector SP1 has an overtravel screw

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
And yet, every WC Brig Tac owner on here has raved about how fantastic their gun's trigger is. What's up with that? I must be the most unlucky SOB who got the only gun with the crappy trigger. Roll Eyes

Sorry, but since WC already told me that's just the way it is, I'm not wasting any more money on them.

I can only speak for mine. If you are unhappy with it and the service I can't blame you for being pissed. For $1200 you should be very happy with the product. I personally love my WC Brig Tac, and the work they did on my 92 Vertec. If they jerked you around I'd be done with them too.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

are using delrin or JBweld? I'd like to do it for all my guns but cost-prohibitive to buy them already done (plus one size doesn't fit all like you said due to tolerance stacking).

Other way is the adustable trigger from BUSA but hate the marks on the frame that result. My Vector SP1 has an overtravel screw

Right now I'm using JB weld on the plastic coated triggers. I using a checkering file on the back then build up the pad and file for adjustment, works great. Added plus is everyone hates the plastic coated triggers and I now have a good supply of them on hand.

I just drilled a hole in an all steel about half way trough and I'll thread it and add JB Weld and see how that works out with the steel triggers. Should be a solid option cause just roughing up the steel for adhesiveness hasn't worked well for me.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

posted Hide Post
I absolutely love my cz75 SA. It’s very accurate, never had a failure with it in 7000 rounds, great ergonomics, and feel. It’s hard to beat a cz for the money. All 3 you mentioned are good guns,I don’t think you can go wrong with Co, beretta, or sig. the beretta is very big physically. Go to a range that has a good rental fleet and try them out and see what shoots/feels best for you.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I know it has been mentioned in some of the Beretta threads, but the LTT Trigger job in a bag is FANTASTIC.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
CZ Shadow.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest looking into HK products.

P2000 is one of the most comfortable pistols that I've ever held. Accurate, reliable and can be had for a fairly good price these days.

Don't forget about the Sig P2022 "sig pro" s either

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a 2022, and my dad has one of the German ilafalon finished models that I can shoot anytime and will end up with. Haven't shot the P2000. I've spent most of the day researching this - REALLY leaning towards the M9A3. I need to shoot a P226 first though. I had an issue with the 225 not locking the slide back due to my thumbs forward hold. CDNN has the enhanced elite for $800...
Again - I really appreciate the feedback and opinions.

Posts: 406 | Location: NW FL | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
I'd suggest looking into HK products.

P2000 is one of the most comfortable pistols that I've ever held. Accurate, reliable and can be had for a fairly good price these days.

Don't forget about the Sig P2022 "sig pro" s either

I would second this motion. I've carried an HK P30sk now for about two and half years. I own two others. If you can get over the heavy DA pull that is.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Have you given any thought to the Beretta PX4? Highly underrated and With the “D” spring mod, it’s a formidable alternative to what’s been previously suggested? Cost effective in comparison as well.

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If a red dot is a consideration then the Beretta 92 might not be the best choice. There's no good way to mill the slide.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post