SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MK25 SIG Plastic Grip vs. Hogue G10 Plain
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MK25 SIG Plastic Grip vs. Hogue G10 Plain Login/Join 
posted
What is the advantage of the Hogue G10 Plain grip vs. the stock SIG Sauer MK25 plastic grip? I looked at one and it felt about the same width which is good but I was not sure if it offered any advantage such as less recoil better durability?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I can't think of any advantages that would be gained between these two you have stated.

I'd consider the checkered aluminum grips, but they are kinda pricey if you want the Sig logo on them.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I can't think of any advantages that would be gained between these two you have stated.

The Hogue is more indestructible. Smile

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I replaced the polymer grips of my X5 Comp with Hogue brand checked G10 grips. Very happy with the much-improved traction. Well worth the cost. Don't know if the Hogue G10 Plain world provide any benefit.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I replaced the polymer grips of my X5 Comp with Hogue brand checked G10 grips. Very happy with the much-improved traction. Well worth the cost.

Thanks Pipe Smoker. Any reduction in recoil? I have the Hogue rubber grips which reduce recoil but too thick for my hands.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I replaced the polymer grips of my X5 Comp with Hogue brand checked G10 grips. Very happy with the much-improved traction. Well worth the cost.

Thanks Pipe Smoker. Any reduction in recoil? I have the Hogue rubber grips which reduce recoil but too thick for my hands.

There is no recoil reduction, but the Checkered G10 feels so good, it makes you think there is reduction.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post