SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kudos to the SIG Custom Shop for my .38 Super
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kudos to the SIG Custom Shop for my .38 Super Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful. I've got to say every Sig factory re-blue I have seen has turned out great. Positively the way to go if you don'y want a specialized finish.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
They do look dead ringer for Hogue. If they are Hogue, they should have the Hogue marking on the inner grip surface. Did you check, Tooky13?

Yes, I did check to see if they had the Hogue markings on the backside of the grips and there's nothing at all. That surprised me and is why I'm not certain. They're either Hogue or very good copies.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Gun looks great.Kudos to the sig cs .Nice to know they can do that work.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I know if Sig would do a production run of 220s' in 38 Super they would all sell. Maybe Bruce could get Sig interested in this.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
From your lips to God's ear. I'm worried that the words "inventory" and "warehousing" still send them into a blind panic, though.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I don't think your grips are Hogues or copies of them. They look like mine (not the best pic to show grips), and IIRC they came from Brownells several years ago. Don't recall the brand, but may still have the info somewhere, will take a look.

Someone posted here on the forum that they were in stock, inexpensive, and gave contact info. Myself and many others took advantage of it...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^Are those Siles? I could've sworn that someone here mentioned those were OEM on 220s for a while.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^Are those Siles? I could've sworn that someone here mentioned those were OEM on 220s for a while.
They were, but they don't look like the Siles I have, the checkering matches the Hogue panels so I'm really surprised they aren't marked as such.

I'm pretty sure these are Siles, and the checkering, particularly on the left side is a lot different. JC P220 9mm hard chrome by APW.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
After comparing the grips with the Hogues and all your photos of Siles, I’ve concluded they’re neither. If you look at the cutout around the decocker, it’s quite different. It exposes a lot more of the lever than the Hogue or Siles. Also, looks like the Siles have a textured backstrap and these are smooth. I believe they’re probably knock-offs that are made in Thailand. In the end, it doesn’t really matter, as I’ve changed them for Hogue G10’s. Had to go with the checkered, as the European Piranhas have been discontinued (??). Although the wood looks nice, I didn’t like the smooth backstrap. Plus, when I released the slide with slide stop lever, it would pinch my thumb. Not a big deal, but it was a distraction. Never had that happen with any of the G10’s.

Here’s what she looks like now:

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I like wood, but that looks pretty dang sharp, too. I have a black checkered set on a JJ EU, and they do a nice job of filling the hand without really adding any bulk to the pistol.