SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P210A Range report from a beta tester :-)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P210A Range report from a beta tester :-) Login/Join 
posted
I went to the range to shoot my new Sig P210 American today. I had a P210 Legend Target that I sold because I couldn’t shoot it as well as my X5/X6 and the price was right when I sold it. I am doing some comparisons based on my memory of the Legend target.

The fit and finish of the P210A is flawless, comparable to fit and finish of the P210 Legend Target. Trigger is fantastic although not as light as I remember on the Legend. Slide gliding is also not as glassy smooth like the Legend but close. I think the recoil spring is a little heavier on the P210A. I like the new grips better than the Legend grips. The ergonomic of the grips works better for me. Gun feels nice and well balanced in my hands.

I shot 100 rounds of Lawman 124 gr and 100 rounds of Lawman 147 gr without any issue. The gun is laser accurate with minimal recoil and is much more capable than my ability to shoot it. Overall I am quite impressed with the performance of the new gun. I can honestly said that I like the P210A better than the P210 Legend and can shoot it as well or better than my X5. As of now, it is a keeper for me and I will be looking forward to the release of the Super Target. May be Sig USA is trying to make a statement with the P210A that they can produce high quality firearms at lower cost compare to the German counterpart. They want to do it right thus the long release delay. Very happy to be a beta tester for this new P210A platform... Smile.

First shot out of the gun from 12 yards Cool

8 shots group Lawman 147gr from 12 yards

8 shots group Lawman 124gr from 12 yards

Barrel is 4.75". 5" if you measure the feed ramp.

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post and being willing to beta test for us!

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Handsome pistols.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Great job, DP! Thanks for volunteering. Cool
I, too, will look forward to the Supertarget next year. Hopefully, no issues by then.

So, the claim of 5-inch barrel is BS, really.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Sounds as though you're one happy beta tester. Very glad for that.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What makes you like this one better than the Legend? I felt that the Legend was excellent, but the Swiss made 210-5 Target HF I had for a short time was better.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
What makes you like this one better than the Legend? I felt that the Legend was excellent, but the Swiss made 210-5 Target HF I had for a short time was better.

The Legend was excellent but I remember preferring the X series guns over it for target shooting. The fact that I can shoot better with the P210A gives it an edge Smile. The P210A just feels better in my hands. In my opinion the build quality of the P210A is just as good as the Legend. I plan on shooting the P210A a lot more to see how it will hold up over time.

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, I haven't had time to shoot mine yet!

Looking at some SHOT show videos, they are supposed to release a 6" Super Target, a 5" Standard without the target sights and target grips and with an ambi safety, and 4" Carry (!) model - eventually.

I removed the grips on mine, and sure enough, the frame is machined to allow an ambi safety. But for a target pistol, the non-ambi safety is fine.

That said, a 4" carry model with slim grips and ambi safety - at first it sounds so wrong, but then, it's not that different than a 9mm 1911 Commander. Waiting to see what actually becomes available...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Damn, I haven't had time to shoot mine yet!

Looking at some SHOT show videos, they are supposed to release a 6" Super Target, a 5" Standard without the target sights and target grips and with an ambi safety, and 4" Carry (!) model - eventually.

I removed the grips on mine, and sure enough, the frame is machined to allow an ambi safety. But for a target pistol, the non-ambi safety is fine.

That said, a 4" carry model with slim grips and ambi safety - at first it sounds so wrong, but then, it's not that different than a 9mm 1911 Commander. Waiting to see what actually becomes available...

I do like the new safety design better than old one on the Legend. I am a 1911 guy after all Wink.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the range report!

Now I am wondering how long the barrel was on the German P210 Target I shot several times? Just went to the German SIG website—Target barrel is 120mm, Super Target is 150mm.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!! thank you. As soon as they make on lefty friendly i'm jumpingWink

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have one of the new p210 Americans. Fit and finish is outstanding. It is also a very accurate pistol. The trigger is a little different for me coming from custom 1911. There is two stages, one take up then an abrupt stop followed by a very light crisp final stage. I have touched a few rounds off prematurely due to the difference between this and my 1911's but have gotten very used to it after 300 rounds. No malfunctions at all.

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
DavT.

Welcome.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a winner. I hope that they can keep close to the high standards of its ancestors.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Might have to get one. Same as the OP, I'd like to take it to the range with my X5, to compare. If I don't like the 210, I am betting I won't lose much money for trying it out.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
Very nice!! thank you. As soon as they make on lefty friendly i'm jumpingWink

The safety is not something you want to ride like on a 1911, IMO. It's a bit sharp, so you would probably shoot with your thumb under the safety. So a lefty shooting a right handed P210 has nothing "in the way", just a smooth frame. For a target Pistol, that's how my S&W 41, Sig Hammerli Trailsides, and Mark II are, so it's not a big deal on the P210.

But I'll probably get an ambi one when and if they become available. Seems in the gun industry, products announced at trade shows may or may not actually go into production...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Shoot it offhand on an NRA 50' B-2 target.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to see report of one shot on a B6 at 50 yards by a High Master.
Or from a Ransom Rest.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the report. Does anyone have the estimated Mfg pricing and roll out date on the Super Target?

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
Thanks for the range report!

Now I am wondering how long the barrel was on the German P210 Target I shot several times? Just went to the German SIG website—Target barrel is 120mm, Super Target is 150mm.

120 mm = 4.72"
150 mm = 5.91"

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post