SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P210A Range report from a beta tester :-)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P210A Range report from a beta tester :-) Login/Join 
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Sounds like a winner. I hope that they can keep close to the high standards of its ancestors.

Please let me know where I can find those standards. I´m shooting the P210 for 25 years, own one of each series made plus a few more and I´m desperately seeking Information about these Standards. I have specs for it´s accuracy, but unfortunatley no specs for quality and based on what standards the quality can be compared. It would be really helpful if you could point me out into a direction where I can find more details.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Thank you for the report. Does anyone have the estimated Mfg pricing and roll out date on the Super Target?

See the third post by DC3S in this thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1420060134

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
They appear to be pretty nice, I just want to know how they shoot, would love to put 1,000 rounds down range through one.

OTD I want to thank you for all the information you have shared with us, good times!

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes being a beta tester for target grade guns is good because I'd imagine SIG put more attention to detail with these guns as they want their introduction to get good reviews. Additionally, these guns should have tighter tolerances as the tooling is still new and hasn't been worn yet. The only drawback would be a higher rate of reliably and function issues as a trade off for accuracy. If the OP has no issues then he lucked out and has an early serial gem. Could someone also post what the starting serial numbers are so we can keep track of production numbers or does SIG use the same serial prefixes across all their guns?

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Sounds like a winner. I hope that they can keep close to the high standards of its ancestors.

Please let me know where I can find those standards. I´m shooting the P210 for 25 years, own one of each series made plus a few more and I´m desperately seeking Information about these Standards. I have specs for it´s accuracy, but unfortunatley no specs for quality and based on what standards the quality can be compared. It would be really helpful if you could point me out into a direction where I can find more details.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Perhaps I should have been more clear.

The standards that I had referred to were subjective in nature versus objective in nature (smoothness of slide, feel of controls, etc)

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1971 and 2018. Thanks Pipe smoker!

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS: Additionally, these guns should have tighter tolerances as the tooling is still new and hasn't been worn yet.

Could someone also post what the starting serial numbers are so we can keep track of production numbers or does SIG use the same serial prefixes across all their guns?

I can confirm my fitting was very tight. Slide would need help going into battery if riding it closed. After 50 rounds this is mostly gone. Another 50 and it'll probably be fine. Out of the 50 I shot all were flawless and no stoppages. I ran Blazer 115.

If someone wants to start a list of serial numbers I'll contribute. Mine is about 12 days old according to the box.

"Life is tough, Life is tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Posts: 85 | Location: GA | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post