SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 AXG Frame vs. Wilson Combat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 AXG Frame vs. Wilson Combat Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted
Folks, I've fallen in love with the Wilson Combat P320 frame on my VTAC P320. However, I've looked at the AXG frame, but haven't gotten a chance to hold one. Has anyone here compared both and have Pros/Cons for either? At $250, I would have just bought it and posted my thoughts, but at $400, it's a bit more than I want to go for a blind buy.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I'll wait for Wilson to bring out their own version of the AXG frame; that would be a real winner I believe!

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I held a P320 Scorpion whatever it's called the other day, and yes, it's very close to a classic Sig. Very P226-ish with G10. Really, it's that good.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I have both, and love both.

The Wilson module is in my opinion the nicest polymer one on the market, and I have had them all, it has a natural point of aim, a very nice comfortable beaver tail, and very good factory stippling, I have mine in the “carry” size, and I do so with it at least half the time, unless I’m going smaller.

I also have Wilson’s tungsten weights in it, which give it great balance.

My only gripe with it is I could have done with out the scalloped thumb grove that mimics the original module.

As a side note, Wilson sells without a doubt the BEST slide stop/release on the market hands down.

The AGX is what I imagined the P320 could be, should have been from the start.
It is simply perfection.

My favorite Sig (Ergonomically) of all time has always been the P226, and the AXG grip feels so similar it’s like coming home again, but possibly even better.

The grip panels are actually recessed into the frame/module and are super thin, but still have the excellent grip that G10 affords.

The beaver tail is perfect, and the area just below the slide stop is slightly thinner.

It makes the P320 feel much more expensive, perceived higher quality.

I think even though we all like polymer guns, most would agree that there is nothing like the feel of an all metal gun.

The people who are responsible for bringing this module to market obviously did their homework, because they hit a home run.

Do I think it’s expensive? YES! I think it should have been $300 but regardless it’s damn good, no regrets.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:
It makes the P320 feel much more expensive, perceived higher quality.

That's not just a perception... at close to $400 for the module, it does make the gun significantly more expensive! lol

I kid. I have the WC currently and like it but I do want to try the AXS frame for my full length RXP slide. I feel like that slide needs the extra frame weight. I just don't want to spend that kind on money without trying one out first or finding a great deal on one. That and it would be my luck to buy one then a few months later WC comes out with a better version of it! lol

In the mean time I will probably pick up the tungsten weight set for the WC grip and see how that helps with the balance?

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The tungsten in the Wilson doesn't add much weight, but does balance the pistol a bit, putting the weight in the hand and not in front. It's not a huge addition, but it's something.

If grip weight is your goal, you might look at the TXG grip module. The grip is heavier, and it takes the sig grip weight, which is more substantial than the small rods that are inserted in the Wilson. The TXG grip will have the same contours as the x-grip.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
If grip weight is your goal, you might look at the TXG grip module. The grip is heavier, and it takes the sig grip weight, which is more substantial than the small rods that are inserted in the Wilson. The TXG grip will have the same contours as the x-grip.

Maybe but I don't really care for the feel of the x-grip.

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I held a P320 Scorpion whatever it's called the other day, and yes, it's very close to a classic Sig. Very P226-ish with G10. Really, it's that good.

That was my impression too. Just like a classic P series with the German frames undercut but with a striker fired top end.

I love the WC grip on my X Compact. I want to build a full size around it. It’s the best $65 I’ve ever spent on a gun.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airgunner:

Maybe but I don't really care for the feel of the x-grip.

The AXG is an aluminum x-grip, with interchangeable side panels.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The AXG is an aluminum x-grip, with interchangeable side panels.

How do I reconcile that with all the statements that claim the AXG frame feels just like a classic 226? I know from personal experience that the x-frame doesn't feel anything like a 226 IMO

Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Air gunner, you are correct the original X-Grip Module in polymer or tungsten certainly does not feel like a P226. They feel more like a Glock. The X compact is much better feeling with out the sharp ledge that is next to the beaver tail behind the slide stop. But for me the X compact is too short from the trigger guard to the backstrap.

The AXG feels completely different. It absolutely feels like a P226.

If you were closer I’d offer to let you try mine out.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AXG grip is fantastic and it really feels like a classic Sig. They should make an exact copy of the shape in polymer and then the base P320 will be perfect. Local shop had a Scorpion AXG I got to handle. My friend just bought it today. I'm not one for brown guns so I'll wait for a black one.

But the AVG grip cannot be used with a M17/M18 with manual safety since the cut would go into the G10. At least it looks like it would - I didn't measure it.

The light Legion trigger on the Scorpion AXG is a bit too light for carry though. They might want to thing about that.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really, try the Icarus. To me it's even more P226-like. However I do like the grip panels one the AXG frame. I predict an explosion in the P320 grip market

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But the AVG grip cannot be used with a M17/M18 with manual safety since the cut would go into the G10. At least it looks like it would - I didn't measure it.

Yes it can if you're handy with a dremel P320 AXG frame safety cut pictorial

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airgunner:
quote:

Yes it can if you're handy with a dremel P320 AXG frame safety cut pictorial

OK but it doesn't look right to me.