SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43 magazine extensions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43 magazine extensions Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted
What do you recommend for +1 and +2 G43 mag extensions? I know Taran and Hyve are popular, but I think the cost of an extension shouldn't exceed the cost of the magazine itself.

Are the Pearce and Vickers good? I remember reading some members here saying their extensions (I don't remember which manufacturer) spontaneously popped off their mags while shooting. Clearly that is something I want to avoid.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I have several different extensions for my G43 mags. I have a Hyve +2, a couple of Vickers +2, a Suarez +1. and a Pearce +1. All of these extensions have proven reliable for me with both FMJ and a few different types of JHP ammo.

Just a side note, I did use the extended spring that comes with the Vickers extension with the Hyve +2. I had a few issues trying to use a +2 extension with the factory spring.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold my G43 in order to buy a G43X ... so I recommend a G43X. 10-rd mag built in ... Wink

Edited to add: put my G43 on the local gun-trader for 350 and it sold within minutes ... even with the buyer adding $22 for the FFL transfer. The BL 43X was $380 + tax ...

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
For my money, it’s Taran. I’d already been using some of them with my G26. You only have to buy them once...

On my G43, I use a +1 in the gun for carry - it’s barely bigger than the factory flat base and works great for both pocket and ankle carry. For reloads, I use the +2. That gives me 16 rounds if I carry one extra mag.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
just go to gun broker and get a 43x lower complete and there's your 10 rd mag extension, I have taren +2 on mine for a whopping total of eight rounds but going to dump them and just get the lower.

only real way to salvage a 43 that lacks capacity, had plans of trading it in but didnt want to loose my shirt. I tried one of the other extension but all of them besides the taren's gave me issues.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Pearce baseplates. The +0 and +1 have the same length. I started with the +0, but ended up using the factory spring with the +1 as it doesn't interfere with pocket use, and has proven quite reliable.

I use the Pearce baseplates on the ETS magazines and on the factory. Both have been equally reliable. No issues with dropping.

If you want the full 10 rounds, ETC makes a G43 10 round magazine. it's too long in my opinion, though it could be carried in a pocket. 7 rounds is enough, with spare magazines, for a pocket pistol. I'm fine with six in a revolver, and was fine with 6-7 in a 1911 and P239...it's fine in a pocket pistol.

When out and about I carry the factory magazine with a Pearce +1 baseplate in the pistol and a couple of identical spares.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I use Pearce +1 and Vickers +2. 1100 rds through them, no issues.

I tried the ETS mags in the G43, having had good exp with them in the G19 and G42. But my G43 and ETS didn't work well together AT ALL.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I use both Pearce and Vickers, run fine..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad this question is being reviewed again. I do like the feel of the G43 for my little hands, and the option to have a short grip.
Who has a lot of experience with the Pearce +1, particularly using JHP / your carry load? I have eight of my G43's with that setup and factory springs, had a couple FTF's in the first few magazines, and since well over 1000-2000 rounds between the eight with absolutely zero issues. But those have been primarily FMJ.
I do wonder if I should be putting 20-50 HST's through each magazine. IE, once your gun proves its reliability with a carry load, how thoroughly do you have to test each magazine? Reliability issues do, after all, primarily live with the magazine vs the gun.
Thanks for the discussion.
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I have been using a +1 Taran tactical for a long time and it's been 100%.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Taran +2, it was worth the price for what it added. It has been issue free and gives additional space for my grip.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Pearce +1 on twelve 43 mags. No issues after several thousand rounds.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have nothing but good things to say about Suarez Internationals parts, including the aluminum +1 baseplates for my Glock 43. I can't believe how well the have held up. No gouges or nicks in the aluminum. Fit is 100% perfect. But with confidence.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
TT +1 and +2s. 300 rounds HST and about 1000 ball. No failures.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

Thanks for this.
I'll bet that includes JHP?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I remember reading some members here saying their extensions (I don't remember which manufacturer) spontaneously popped off their mags while shooting. Clearly that is something I want to avoid.

That was me...Glock 19 with Pearce, switched to Taran and won’t look back. I have Taran’s Extensions on my 43 as well, zero issues.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

Thanks for this.
I'll bet that includes JHP?
I have 8 mags, half with Pearce +1 / half with Vickers +2s. No issues with JHPs in either (Federal 124/147gr HSTs +P). Not a $hitpot of JHPs through them, but likely 100+ rounds plus some random leftover Speer 124 GDHP SB.

Only time my G43 has choked was with ETS mags. And it choked hard on them for some reason, I just chalked it up to tolerance stacking as ETS works fine in my G42/19/45s. Couldn’t send it to Glock because it worked fine with OEMs and ETS was only mildly helpful but oh well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post