SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Taurus revolvers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus revolvers Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
My most fun handgun to shoot is a little M605 5-shot Taurus revolver in .357 magnum. I enjoy it more than my P229R, and that says a lot. Yes, it had problems out of the box. Would fail to carry up the cylinder. Sent it back to Taurus in Florida, and it was back in my hands within a month and functioning flawlessly ever since. To me it's a cheap S&W that does what it needs but that I wouldn't mind losing.

My friend bought a new M85 in .38sp that locked up solid on the second loading and also had to be sent back.

So I tell people not to shrink back necessarily from buying this brand, but anticipate it not being quite right out of the box, but that the company will make it right.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I had a model 85 for several years. Carried it, shot it at the range, never a problem.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Wife bought a 605 for personal protection. After about a year it blew up in my hand at the range. Taurus replaced it. I never opened the box until I was trading it for a GP100. Had a M85 that worked great. Sold it to a BIL. Wife keeps a 905 around that also works great.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Wife bought a 605 for personal protection. After about a year it blew up in my hand at the range. Taurus replaced it. I never opened the box until I was trading it for a GP100. Had a M85 that worked great. Sold it to a BIL. Wife keeps a 905 around that also works great.

Youch! did that 605 have carry-up problems?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post