SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX K iron sight recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX K iron sight recommendations Login/Join 
Picture of rvbgtr
posted
Having trouble with the Magpul buis on a MPX with a 4.5" barrel. Can't get the front sight low enough.

Any recomendations for iron sights other than Magpul buis?

Thanks.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the bobro ones due to the minimalist nature of them. But I don’t think that change necessarily addresses your issue.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Maybe a set of the iron sights they used to put on the CZ Scorpion? I thought I saw a set of low profile sights for the Stribog too. I will see if I can find a link. Both have been issued on short barrel variants, so should work better.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Centurian HK style diopter sights seem appropriate for the MPX.

Troy Micro are lower and will be closer to the bore which might help.

Otherwise, file down the front post a bit.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what the OP is trying to do. If its run an optic with backup irons then all this lower suggestions is probably not going to work. But he didn't give any parameters. I like the troy micro's but they work best on things with a raised rail.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm not sure what the OP is trying to do. If its run an optic with backup irons then all this lower suggestions is probably not going to work. But he didn't give any parameters. I like the troy micro's but they work best on things with a raised rail.

This is known MPX issue - AR height iron sights that are intended to be zeroed at 25/300m with 5.56 (or 50/200 which I prefer) with a longer sight radius often run out of adjustment range when trying to zero 9mm at 25 or 50 yards with a rather short sight radius, shooting too low. Scalar Works says their fixed sights have enough range.

MPX's and MCX's do have a higher top rail compared to an AR due to the dual recoil springs above the bolt carrier so standard AR sights are further from the bore than on an AR. Hence the Troy Micro suggestion. Nice benefit is an absolute cowitness red dot riser should end up as lower 1/3rd with the Troys. Still not sure if they have enough adjustment range though. But, filing down any front sight post will raise the elevation and they aren't too expensive if you want to modify a spare.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
filing down any front sight post will raise the elevation and they aren't too expensive if you want to modify a spare.

This is exactly what SIG did with their first run of MPX sights. They used AR-height shanks, but just filed down the posts themselves (i.e. they filed down the part that spins around to go up and down).

It wasn't until later that they made MPX specific sights, where the entire housing was shorter. IIRC, the shank was shortened by about 1/4".

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope its not a problem that my MPX's did not get the memo. I run an AR height optic and AR height sights on several MPX's and have not had any issue getting it zero'd at 50y. But if I did I would just reduce the front site height as is noted above.