SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-Five vs V-Tac
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Five vs V-Tac Login/Join 
posted
Fairly new to pistol shooting and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I recently bought an X-Five and I really like it, but then I bought the V-Tac and fell in loveSmile I seem to shoot it better. I think its the Viking sights on the V-Tac that I like. I know the X-Five has Dawson sights, but I think I like the brightness of the Viking sights.

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SF. Congrats on the SIGs.

Q

Posts: 26386 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I've heard great things about the VTAC, but I really like my X5 especially considering the versatility of being able to add a Romeo 1 onto a factory ready milled slide.

I've been tempted to buy a VTAC, the the lack of Red Dot options is a no go for me.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Registered 2013 and first post...nice! Lurker becomes a Sig owner.

X-five and a V-TAC, way to commit!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had much to say, but this forum has been a big help over the last few years. I'm a SIG guy all the way. P320 Compact, RX, X-Five, V-Tac, 225-A1, MPX Carbine.

quote:
Originally posted by motorheadjohn:
Registered 2013 and first post...nice! Lurker becomes a Sig owner.

X-five and a V-TAC, way to commit!

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Ahh, I misunderstood the "Fairly new to pistol shooting..." comment, took that to mean Sig-pistol-noob. Either way, congrats on breaking your post-cherry! Big Grin

I definitely learn more by lurking and reading here than posting.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own both. Have owned my X-5 since soon after they were introduced and picked up my VTac about a month ago. I shoot both very well for me but have to concentrate on the VTAC sights in order to not shoot low with it. Although I think they are a really cool concept and work very well for some reason I tend to shoot low with it. They are both very soft shooters with the lightened slide and I do like the X-grip.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool! Seems like you are further than just starting.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post