SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your favorite "woods revolver"?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite "woods revolver"? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'll add another vote for the S&W model 610, it's really all you need.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me and the wife were out all day in snowshoes in 0 degree weather, we put in about 15 miles out looking for ptarmigan. She carried an sp101 357mag and I had a Glock 20 (in addition to the Ruger 77/22).

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robertbank:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Smith & Wesson 629 Mountain Gun. And yes I'm still pissed I couldn't bring it through Canada when I moved up here.

You could have if you did your paper work. Folks travel to Alaska all the time via road. You just have to prepare ahead of time.
1. Paper work'
2. Trigger Lock
3. Locked container

Travel must be direct to Alaska from the Canadian border. We don't allow Americans to run around our country armed, nor does the US allow Canadians to run around the US armed.

Take Care

Bob

Bob,

I did my homework and had my paperwork. I did transport several, "Restricted" handguns with me and had the necessary paperwork, trigger locks and cases to do so. However, the Canadians have deemed any handgun with a barrel shorter than 4.1" to be, "Prohibited" and not allowed to be transported within the country. My 629 Mountain Gun has a 4" barrel and is prohibited in Canada.

My last plane trip back to Arizona I was able to check it in with my baggage and bring it up to Alaska.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
One of these two usually do the trick. The 1967 SBH with 240 JSP's, or the Colt SAA with Buffalo Bore 255gr Keith bullets @1000fps.
The Colt carries a heck of a lot easier!

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Mine is my Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull:

It was my trusty companion while river fishing, hiking, and camping during my 5 years in Alaska.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheepdogIHSV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Mine is my Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull:

It was my trusty companion while river fishing,

hiking, and camping during my 5 years in Alaska.

I'll second that

Luke 22:36

Posts: 87 | Registered: December 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post