SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 trick to move slide
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 trick to move slide Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Fowler:
If just pushing against the barrel does not work.

I have a piece of an old solid fiberglass fishing rod, just fits down the barrel, place it against the bullet and jam it into the bench - has worked well over the years.

Wouldn't this jam the bullet into the firing pin (if the firing pin was protruding out a little bit)?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Has not happened yet, none of my pistols have firing pins that stick out. Learned this trick shooting a Sig P 210 that taught me how to reload 9mm for a quality pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ed Fowler,

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of socom308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
You didn’t put fluorescent orange paint on the front sight, did you?

I've been accused of having a dry sense of humor, I see you suffer from the same affliction. Wink

I don't consider the .223 to be a true sniper round however, if I was shot in the head with one, I'd probably stop thinking that.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." Winston Churchill

Posts: 621 | Location: MA | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
He may have just done the old slam hand.

Hold the slide tight with one hand, whack the grip with the with web of your other hand real hard.

Oh and this... is too big.

Posts: 21091 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post