SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally joined the Legion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally joined the Legion Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted
Finally joined the Legion. I decided on the P226 since I already have a West German P228 and a P229R with GG trigger/Guiderod and G10s. I looked at the Legion P220 and it was amazing but I already have a German P220ST. The high capacity and prestige of the P226 won out. I checked for discoloration of the frame/slide and for gouges from the rear sight install. All is good.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I had no idea there were issues with the Legion, slide frame/rail wear I mean. I have a 229 Legion, never noticed or looked as it has generally shot great from day one.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a nice addition.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
Very nice. I had no idea there were issues with the Legion, slide frame/rail wear I mean. I have a 229 Legion, never noticed or looked as it has generally shot great from day one.

It's something with the PVD process. Some have frames that are a different shade of grey. The last P229 I saw had a darker frame that almost looked close to a standard P229. The Legion P220 I looked at today also had a slightly different tone. I pointed it out and the salesman and my wife agreed. I had him pull out a stack of P226s so I could check them. It's not a big deal to some but my OCD would have gone on overload.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
Congratulations on a nice addition.

Thanks. I'm so lucky to have such an incredible wife.

posted Hide Post
Congrats and enjoy!

I'm well pleased with my two 226 Legions (DA/SA & SAO).

The finish on neither has been an issue though I did notice a couple of small finish chips near the magwell that a mag can't reach. I am almost positive I did that when cleaning the other day and pushed the frame across the cleaning mat with the slide up against the bottom of the grip.

Posts: 36 | Registered: January 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy. I have the Legion 226 DA/SA as well. The gun is great. Once you register you will get an email with a name to contact at Sig if you have issues.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations. I have about 5,000 rounds through mine now...and thousands of holster draws as well. The finish looks like it did on day one except for some wear on the rails....normal wear.

This has become my favorite non-1911 and I use it in IDPA.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I just ordered a Sig P220 Legion and I can't wait to receive it. I couldn't believe I could not find a single local store with them in-stock including a Sig Elite dealer.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at getting one. Is the trigger that great that I have read about?

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Congratulations! I just ordered a Sig P220 Legion and I can't wait to receive it. I couldn't believe I could not find a single local store with them in-stock including a Sig Elite dealer.

Where did you find it?

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
quote:

Where did you find it?

Osage County Guns via Gun Broker.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I've always had good luck with them. Glad they had what you were looking for.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where did you find it?

Osage County Guns via Gun Broker.

Now go look at their webpage, they sell cheaper through GB than direct for some reason. Next time I buy from them, I'm going to ask if they will sell directly to me. Save them the cost of GB and get the same price, should be a win/win.

---

Congrats aka, I love mine. I bought as a birthday present to myself when they first came out. 5,000+ rds, zero malfunctions, zero wear. I use it for USPSA and steel matches, it has not been babied.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Now go look at their webpage, they sell cheaper through GB than direct for some reason. Next time I buy from them, I'm going to ask if they will sell directly to me. Save them the cost of GB and get the same price, should be a win/win.

Is it possible you were looking at the LE/MIL price on the GB ad? I bought it at the LE price and when I checked their website, it was the same price which is about $200 cheaper than the regular price.

I have been impressed with their service so far. Bought it Monday night, paid for it Tuesday morning, sent over copies of my LE credentials Tuesday afternoon, and it just shipped out this morning to my FFL.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Is it possible you were looking at the LE/MIL price on the GB ad? I bought it at the LE price and when I checked their website, it was the same price which is about $200 cheaper than the regular price.

I have been impressed with their service so far. Bought it Monday night, paid for it Tuesday morning, sent over copies of my LE credentials Tuesday afternoon, and it just shipped out this morning to my FFL.

Not for that particular gun. In my case it was a M11-A1 I bought for less through their GB account that what was listed. A second time I saw the same thing, website was $50 more than GB price. That time I bought from someone who was slightly cheaper in the end.

Either way not meant as a dig of any sort. I was extremely happy with my purchase with them. I always check them out when looking, and would pay a premium (within reason) vs any other GB seller.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my P220 Legion today. I can't wait to shoot it!

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I was really tempted by the Legion P220.

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I just bought this used SAO from a local guy. He never had a Sig & after he got it, he decided he preferred Glocks. For the price I couldn't pass it up.

I haven't officially joined the Legion yet. I just regestered the warranty online today & don't have my challange coin, case, secret decoder ring, etc.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congratulations! I was really tempted by the Legion P220.

I am thinking of selling my P229 Equinox and upgrade it to a P229 Legion. I have it in .40 with a Sig .357 barrel.