SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for Sig C3 User Opinions???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Sig C3 User Opinions??? Login/Join 
posted
I have been fondling a Sig C3 at my LGS, and think it may be a good CCW pistol? I have a Shield 45 that I carry from time to time, but I just can't get excited with the short 3.3" barrel. I don't care for the 3" barreled 1911's either. I have a couple light weight Commander sized 45's, but the shorter grip looks appealing for carrying, especially with a 4.25" slide/barrel assembly.
So, if there're any C3 owners out there with experiences and opinions that they want to share, I would appreciate.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry one on occasion.

Bigger gun, so it depends on what I am wearing and how long I will be on my feet.

I own many pistols and this is my favorite by far.

It would be the LAST one I sold if I sold any.

When I wear clothing so it does not show, and I am not gonna be on my feet all day, I carry this gun.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I like mine, but it doesn't get carried a whole lot. It's accurate & easily concealed, but it's a little picky with mags. The only ones that seem to work reliably in mine are the ones that came with it & the Wilson mags for compacts. Other than that it's gtg.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a C3 which I quite like. I don't carry it much; not because of any issues with the pistol, but I usually carry something else.

I like CCO-pattern 1911's, and the CCO is a great example. I've had no issues with it. It's lightweight, compact, great trigger, excellent fit and finish, well made. I'd have no hesitation carrying it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my C3 it has over 5000 rounds and is still going strong! Never had any failures of any sort and eats any ammo I put through her.

Semper Fi
Gunny

Semper Fi
Gunny

Posts: 18 | Location: De. | Registered: October 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a Sig 1911 RCS (shorter grip length than normal and a 4" bbl.). It's my go-to carry gun with an OWB of the Askins Avenger type. The gun is accurate, on a par with my Colt Series 70's with Wilson match bbls., and bushings. The trigger's good, the humped grip safety allows for defensive use even when a perfect grip is not attained and the tritium Sig night sights are superb. And reliability has been 100% for more than 2500 rounds now..handloads and factory stuff.

I believe it's the grip length more than the bbl. length that's the tough part in CC use. The RCS (still available via Gunbroker et. al.) does well in that regard, especially with the Avenger holster that tilts the gun forward 10* or so.

The combination of the Sig and that holster make up into a defensive combination that's perfect for my use...I've got it on as I write this!

HTH's Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the comments and information. I just came home with my new C3.......I will have to wait until tomorrow for a range trip.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
Thanks for all the comments and information. I just came home with my new C3.......I will have to wait until tomorrow for a range trip.

Why do you have to wait until tomorrow? Buying a new gun is a perfectly valid reason for calling off work, if that's the problem. Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post