SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wobbly ejector

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wobbly ejector Login/Join 
posted
The ejector on my P226 is slightly wobbly. Is this normal?

Posts: 27 | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
No. In newer, stainless steel slide P226s - which we now know yours is - the extractor is supposed to be tightly in place. You might need to replace the extractor assembly.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 9725 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
No. In newer, stainless steel slide P226s - which we now know yours is - the extractor is supposed to be tightly in place. You might need to replace the extractor assembly.

Is this something I can do or do I need to send it to Sig Sauer. I kinda want my slide refinished with Nitron while they have it since it's worn in a couple of places.

Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
It’s not a difficult repair if you have the proper tools and skill, but if you’re sending it in to SIG anyway, have them do it.

Posts: 9725 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

He's talking ejector. Wink
Normal.

Posts: 18586 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

He's talking ejector. Wink
Normal.

Doh! I misread. Sorry.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, perfectly normal for the ejector to be a little wobbly. Not all are, but most can be moved a bit.

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 40506 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Yes, perfectly normal for the ejector to be a little wobbly. Not all are, but most can be moved a bit.

I'm gonna send it to Sig for a new Nitron finish and the CS Rep I spoke to said they would replace the ejector under warranty. However, they are making me pay for the shipping label to them.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Nice: SIG won’t fix the things we hear about that they should, but now they’re going to fix something that’s not broken—?

One other offering: The ejectors that fit tightly and can’t be wiggled a bit in the P226 and P229 are often extremely difficult to remove and install. The ones that are loose make things much easier for armorers.

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 40506 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent my P226 to Sig last Thursday October 31 for installing a new ejector and refinishing the slide. It's due to be delivered to my house tomorrow November 7! Is that FAST or what?

posted Hide Post
Sig gunsmith said that the ejector was well within factory specs. The new finish looks awesome. Turn around time was about one week!