SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns that you associate with TV/Movies
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns that you associate with TV/Movies Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong but I think Hutch carried a 6 inch Colt python

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54492 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.50 Hawken - Jeremiah Johnson ... originally owned by Hatchet Jack.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Ken-in-Tucky | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
P228 from Ronin

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Great thread! My favorites have all been mentioned but I’ll add Mattie’s Colt Walker in the original True Grit.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Bond, James Bond used an AR-7 in "From Russia With Love, first time I'd ever seen one. He even shot down a helicopter with it!

But not directly. He shot the guy who’d been dropping grenades on them. The guy dropped the grenade he was about to use on James in the cockpit and that brought down the helicopter.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
The Gauntlet - 1977 - S&W Model 66 - 2.5” - .357 MAGNUM

One of my all-time favorite revolvers, have owned 7 over a 40 year span, down to just this one: 66-1 • P&R • shipped: April 1980
As far as the movie goes… seriously Clint, a circular PD firing squad with rifles in downtown PHX?!

Posts: 3994 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably the first time I suffered gun lust from any Hollywood show? Star Wars and (kinda) the Mauser C96 Broomhandle.

As for something more truer to reality: first real world longing was with the Steyr AUG (in Octopussy, then RoboCop a few years later). The next time had to have been with the HK MP5A3 from of all things, Sheena: Queen of the Jungle. Pretty bad movie, despite Tanya Roberts being very easy on the eyes. Had to look HARD to find any other redeeming quality to that flick, and I found it in the guns.

Back in my 'yooot' revolvers were never my thing so with most of the early Dirty Harry movies, interest in their guns really didn't do much for me. The later Sudden Impact and Callahan's Automag was however very cool. Guess the 1980s was more my 'formative years', so to speak.

To be honest Hollywood more greatly influenced my lust for cars than they did for guns.

-MG

Posts: 1927 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Adam-12: six-inch S&W Model 14 in early seasons, four-inch Model 15 later. If the S was really HTF, they went to a four- or five-shot pump shotgun. Without looking it up, I guess the Ithaca 37.

Posts: 27816 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK USP Collatoral - Briefcase Scene

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
Valmet M-78 from Red Dawn
M1911A1 from Magnum P.I.
Bren Ten from Miami Vice

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Sully's Model 10 from third watch. "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Posts: 2763 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:
quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
How many times in TV series, NCIS, etc. where one of the characters has a Glock and a moment later in the same scene has a Sig, etc.? This has always bothered me, it bothers my wife too, but only because my daughter or I always notice it and point it out. How hard is it to assign a particular prop gun to the same person until a given episode is completed? Come on!

How about when a character has a GLOCK, then they add the sound effect of a hammer being pulled back? Most people don't notice things like that. Wink
5 minutes into the "Proverbial abandoned warehouse" scene after several shots have been changed, and with bad guys all around, and one of the "Good Guys" racks his shotgun to load a shell.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chief Gillespie (In The Heat of the Night) 6" Python Crossdraw in uniform , In civilian clothes a 2.5" 19 and later a Desert Eagle in uniform.

Airwolf Stingfellow Hawke Colt commander, Detonics Combatmaster and Scoremaster
Dominic Santini 1911A1

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember a SIG P210 -1 or -2 in the original "Get Carter". I just checked it out and I was correct.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

LAR Grizzly Shakedown 1988

USP Match Tombraider

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29601 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
When I think 210, I think Roger Moore in Wild Geese, again despite it only being in the movie ever so briefly.

Posts: 21047 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26194 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting side bar to this thread...I was in Cody Wyoming this week on vacation...went to the Firearms Museum at the Buffalo Bill Western Center. .. Outstanding...!...Visit there if you ever have a chance...One section has TV and Movie guns...Among them, John Wayne's rifle...Matt Dillon's stag handled SAA...the pistols and holsters from Bonanza's cast...I was in awe looking at these...!..items I'd seen hundreds of times on TV as a kid and adult.

Posts: 44 | Registered: May 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My homage to one of the early M-frame S&Ws used by Indiana Jones...

Tim

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 686 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post