SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns that you associate with TV/Movies
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns that you associate with TV/Movies Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I bought my first two pistols because of movies. An 8 3/8 Model 29 and a Beretta 92. In a recent thread, it was mentioned by a poster that he bought a P9S because of Rick Hunter (to which I also associate with the SPAS-12).

What do you associate with movies and TV?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Walther PPK=Bond, James Bond.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As you mentioned, S&W 29 = Dirty Harry

Colt SAA= Gunsmoke

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The Glock 7 made of porcelain = Die Hard Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92 FS = Lethal Weapon

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wildey; Death Wish

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Mini-14 and The A-Team.

(Yeah, I know... not exactly the same....)

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ruger P90 in True Lies and Desperado.

Q

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Walther PPK=Bond, James Bond.

Ditto, that's at least the one I recognize most.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
My 4506-1 with adjustable sights. Used by Denzel, Vic Mackey and Kurt Russell and me. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I think Josh Randall, Steve McQueen, carried a Colt Mare's Leg in Wanted Dead or Aluve.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Mini-14 and The A-Team.

Completely the same

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
P90 and Stargate.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Completely the same

Thank you for clarifying.
It seems there's often mention of AC556 in A-Team related threads --> I didn't realize until this morning that AC-556 was derived directly from Mini-14.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Robert Taylor (Longmire), Tom Selleck (Jesse Stone and Magnum P.I.), and Bruce Willis (Last Man Standing) for their 1911s. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite Mel Gibson movies is Attack Force Z in which he carries a suppressed M3A1.

Pale Rider
Remington 1858 New Army with several pre-loaded cylinders.

The Winchester Model 1892 of Lucas McCain (Chuck Connors)in the Rifleman.

The Finnish Jatimatic SMG used by Sylvester Stallone in Cobra. I remember having to look it up during the movie. I watched the movie this past Thursday and had to look it up again because I forgot what it was.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same for me with the 629-"the most powerful handgun in the world".

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Mini-14 and The A-Team.

Completely the same

Guilty. Big Grin

Mine isn't all 'blingy' like those of the A-Team, but at least I have a factory side folder on it.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Colt Walker (pair) in Outlaw Josey Wales (Clint Eastwood).

Ruger P90 in Desperado (Antonio Banderas’ character)

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Oh! And the big loop Winchester (1892?) used by The Rifleman Lucas McCain (Chuck Connors)!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post