SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns that you associate with TV/Movies
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns that you associate with TV/Movies Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
MP5 - Die Hard

AUG - Die Hard

Beretta 92 - Die Hard / Lethal Weapon

Colt Commando - Heat

FN FNC - Heat

UZI, 9MM - Terminator

"Old Painless" Minigun - Predator

VP70Z - Aliens

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1987 Robo Cop
Peter Weller played Murphy had both the SIG P226 and P9 in the scene where he and his partner were chasing the thugs.

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Kelly's Heroes. M1 Thompsons everywhere.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Someone mentioned Quigley Down Under (one of my favorites) but added no photos. Arc wants pics!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
In Magnum Force, besides Dirty Harry's Model 29, the Colt Python (used by the rogue cops) figured prominently.

Dig this suppressor. It slipped over and twisted onto the barrel, right over the front sight. Big Grin

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
S&W 76 probably best know for use by Charlton Heston in:
The Omega Man
“The last man on earth, always carries an automatic weapon.” Big Grin

Across 110th Street
S&W Model 76
“You think you can just jive your way in here and take some money.” Big Grin

Stockholm
S&W Model 76
“He wants you here in ten minutes or he shoots me in the face.” (Then hang up.)
“Was he surprised?” Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
S&W Model 76

I think that was used by one of the rogue cops in Magnum Force's pool party massacre. It must have had a 200-round magazine. Razz

BTW, the blonde who is shot and falls into the pool is a young Suzanne Somers.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Starsky & Hutch > Smith & Wesson 59, Colt Python

Posts: 48 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
(Westinghouse M27)

Terminator movie

Posts: 1550 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
noisy cricket
M.I.B.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
James Caan in Thief running a 6" long slide M1911A1 pistol customized by California gunsmith Jim Hoag, There is a long vertical cutout on the skeletonized trigger, which means the pistol is most likely a Colt Gold Cup National Match

Animated Gif

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The MP40 in Where Eagles Dare, used mostly by Clint Eastwood. At 1:54 he dual wields them. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

posted Hide Post
Lamarr Simms in "Joe Kidd" with the broomhandle mauser.

photo hosting

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
OK.... Since you asked:
“ Sean Connery had a Webly-Fosbury Automatic Revolver in ZARDOZ”

Miles Archer (played by Jerome Cowan) in "the Maltese Falcon" also carried a
Webly-Fosbury Automatic revolver.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Just seeing this thread now...

quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
lee majors, 6 million dollar man:

226sport

Say what?

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kahr K9 Stainless Elite- Walden Belfore takes out Phil Leotardo

Beretta Cheetah- Frank Costello in Departed

I thought they were so cool I got both. Love the K9 trigger

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Expendables 1,2 & 3.....pretty much every gun ever....

"No more 'I have to go to the bathroom'. There is no bathroom!!"

Posts: 216 | Location: SC | Registered: November 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

AUG - Die Hard

Here it is:

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2190 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Dan,

Do you own that????

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^^^^
Dan,
Do you own that????

Yep. It came from Stembridge Gun Rentals when they liquidated their machine gun inventory. The liquidation sale occurred in 1998 and was handled by Dan Shea from Long Mountain Outfitters. Dan sold the AUG to Larry Gaglio from Capital City Firearms, CCF, and I got it from Larry back in '02.

Larry didn't know it was used in Die Hard. All he knew is that it came from Stembridge and was beat to $hit. Dan sold it to him cheap and Larry just wanted to flip it and make a couple bucks. It was only after I got it did I see a notice in Small Arms Review from Dan Shea. The notice stated if anyone had one of the Stembridge guns he, Dan, would get its history for the owner gratus. I contacted Dan and sent him my AUG's serial number. He passed it on to Stembridge's Weapons Masters. They looked it up in their books and responded with its inventory number and movie credits. It was only then that everyone found out that it THE Die Hard AUG. Like I said before, the Hollywood types couldn't care less about movie props. They're just tools to be used, abused, and finally thrown away. When I said the AUG was beat to $hit, I wasn't kidding. It was completely trashed.

All the Hollywood types do to the props is spray paint over any visible nicks, scratches, and dings so they don't show up on film. I had the receiver stripped and refinished by Lauer. Other than the receiver, every single part was replaced with a factory Austrian made Steyr full auto AUG part. There are no converted semi parts in my AUG. I even installed a three round burst hammer pack in it. That was cool for about ten seconds after which I set the speed shifter to full auto and just leave it there.

I like shooting it with the 42 rounders over the 30 rounders especially with the short 14" SMG barrel installed. Muzzle blast is impressive! But, the most fun I have with the AUG is with a 9mm conversion. Now that does work very well and is relatively cheap to shoot. The conversion uses the same type magazine as the MPi-69/81. But, they are a real bitch to load. The mags have a trapezoidal cross section and most 9mm mag loaders simply will not fit. This is where Pete Athens came to my rescue. He has original Steyr MPi-69/81 loaders. They are a must to load these funky mags.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2190 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post