SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns that you associate with TV/Movies
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns that you associate with TV/Movies Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I recall from previous threads that you own that AUG. Very, very cool.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
This is the most awesome forum anywhere.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
I associate many firearms with Miami Vice...the Bren Ten, Detonics 9, the Intratec KG-99 and so on.
However for some reason, it's Sonny Crockett's Smith & Wesson 4506 from Season 5 that just screams "80's" to me! LOL!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasRaider,

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Initially, I purchased these two because they looked cool, and the fact they are great guns was coincidental. Shallow, I know.

I purchased a P220 in large part because of this film.

Then, I purchased a PX4 because of this one:

I'll always associate those films with those pistols.

And while I've not purchased this last pistol, I came close, and will always associate it with the film.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
SIG PE57 - On Her Majesty's Secret Service

SIG 551 - Ronin

SIG 550 Sniper - The Bourne Identity

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
MAC-10 Night of the Comet

"Dad would have gotten us UZIs."

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Beretta CX4 - Battlestar Galactica.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mk II (suppresed) - Assassins.

Posts: 1956 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
M16s in the S.W.A.T. TV series (1975-76).

And the Winchester Model 70 used by its sniper.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's funny how your brain works and you make visual associations. When I see a High Standard Trophy, I think of La Femme Nikita despite it only being in the movie a few seconds. I really love them as was so excited to see one in a film.

Despite shooting one since I was a child and having them around my whole life, when I see one, I think of the movie.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hans Gruber in DIE HARD with his HK P7M13.

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
M14, Randy Shughart (played by Johnny Strong), Blackhawk Down...

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackpot41:
Hans Gruber in DIE HARD with his HK P7M13.

It’s not identical but I always think of Die Hard when I shoot my M8.

Any S&W 3rd Gen Auto because they appeared so often in the 1990s.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of James Bond
posted Hide Post
Smith & Wesson 645/4506 (or Bren Ten if you prefer) in Sonny Crockett's famous "Jackass Shoulder Holster" (now known as the "Miami Classic")

https://images.app.goo.gl/ejq3qPeztG5paBVE9

This message has been edited. Last edited by: James Bond,

Zukovsky: Only three men I know use such a gun. I believe I've killed two of them.
Bond: Lucky me.
-- GoldenEye (1995)

Posts: 384 | Location: Northern California | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
either a luger or mauser semi-auto pistol in a spring assist belt holster.....John Wayne movie (Big JAKE)(?)(early 1900"s era time) carried by one of his sons on a mission to rescue kidnapped grandson.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
ZF-1. The Fifth Element.

I am watching and waiting for a like new in the box specimen to show up on gunsamerica or classicfirearms dot com.

Must have the little red button on the bottom.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Colts in The Maltese Falcon, 1911A1's and 1908 Colt used by Peter Lorre (Joel Cairo)

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Detonics_Pocket_9

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Detonics_Pocket_9

Also, an image of the Detonics Pocket Nine appeared in a little box in the upper left or right corner of the screen during a crime report from a local TV station for the longest time. Even if the ' gunman' was a knifeman.

I was soooooo proud.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Wayne - Branigan - Colt .38 Diamondback

Best Regards, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Tomb Raider, duel two tone HK USPs. I'll leave it to other to post the pic Cool

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post