SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on the Beretta Nano
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on the Beretta Nano Login/Join 
posted
I am thinking about getting one (newer version) and wanted any first hand experience anyone might have had with one. I have a Glock 43 but have been intrigued by the Nano. Anybody own one? Would you reccomend it. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I bought one about 6-7 years ago for $269 OTD. I had a problem with the extractor a while ago ago that Beretta replaced at their expense. Since then, I have had zero problems with it. I really like the triggers on the SIG P365 and Walther PPS M2 and keep thinking I will get one to replace my Nano (because of the Nano’s long DA type trigger). I haven’t done it, however, as I have a hard time justifying the cost because my Nano just works. Its long DA type trigger seems to make me shoot all my pistols better as well and I like the lack of external controls for a CCW gun. The Nano had a rough start (similar to SIG and the P320). However, I think Beretta has clearly ironed out their issues and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one. If you do, give RGrizzle Leather a call. I have one of his Georgia Snap holsters and magazine carriers for my Nano and it really carries well in that package. FWIW, the Nano is my daily CCW gun.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had one, sold it for a G43. Nice gun, and no issues. Long trigger, but that never bothered me as I also had a P290. Little bigger than the 43 overall.

Posts: 275 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I picked one up 4 or 5 years ago and carry it from time to time. Very solid little pistol. I agree with above, it does have a long trigger pull but I’ve found that to be a good feature with a carry gun. I especially like the lack of protruding controls, it’s totally smooth on both sides. Para did an in-depth review of the NANO a number of years ago and, as I recall, it was very favorable overall. I imagine that thread has long since been archived.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I have a freind/ffl dealer who has one Nano and a Shield and am going to take a look at them both.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
I have a Nano. It likes warmish ammo and is particular to certain bullet profiles. Mine was one of the guns that had loose sight issues which was easily cured. Son has two identical Shields and has had zero issues with either.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4809 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Rented one at the range and didn't like it. Felt cheap, sharp plastic molding flash around the trigger area cut my finger.

Example of one but it turned me off.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wound up getting the Shield instead. I liked the Beretta but the trigger was different,not bad but different and would be difficult getting used to. The grip was also a little too short with the 6 round mag for my hands. Thanks for the info guys.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Wound up getting the Shield instead. I liked the Beretta but the trigger was different,not bad but different and would be difficult getting used to. The grip was also a little too short with the 6 round mag for my hands. Thanks for the info guys.

You can’t shut this thread down without a range report! Wink

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
I had one. Nice pistol, just wasn't my cup of tea.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Good price. Long trigger. I was too familiar with the Glock and went with the G43 but honestly, the nano was never a consideration as both the Walther PPS M2 & G43 were better options and shooters.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has been 100% reliable with everything from Russian steel cased ammo to a wide variety of hollow points. The trigger pull is a bit longer than something like a shield or G43 but I like that in a carry gun and its just as accurate as my shield. My favorite thing about it is how easy it is to conceal.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I had one for about a year. I had no issues with it.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Shot several early on, about the same time I was sampling the Shield 9mm and 40S&W. A range rental once or twice, then a coworker's and two owned by different friends. Never encountered a problem myself but one of my buddies said his initially had jamming issues that required returning it to its hive for repair. I liked it well enough, in fact slightly better than the Shield but still not to the point where I could bring myself to buy one for my own.

EDIT: One thing I didn't like was the lack of an external slide stop. Practicing and handling with any empty gun is just easier with that little mechanism in place and given the available choices, the absence of that part is something I can do without. The snag-free nature of the Nano doesn't nearly go far enough given its boxy nature.

Instead when I finally decided to take the plunge into this new generation of single-stack poly-wonder 9s, I bought that certain one from that Illinois company that I'll never buy another gun from again (and which I've BTW since sold). Neither the Nano or Shield were convincing enough to me, so for what meager single-stack needs I do own up to--and it ain't much--I now have my G43 and PPS M2 to do that job.

I also have a 709 Slim and LC9S that fall into the same category where I place the Nano, but I bought the Taurus really early on before I knew better and Ruger gave me the LC9S so those are my excuses for having those. I'd probably offload the both of them if I thought they were actually worth the effort.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just some of the information I was looking for. Wish the 70 dollar rebate was still on.

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post