SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FYI - P220 barrels on sale at SIG
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FYI - P220 barrels on sale at SIG Login/Join 
posted
I think this is a tremendous deal - $80 for a chrome-lined, phosphate coated barrel for P220.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...hrome-phosphate.html

I went ahead and got a parts kit for the P225 and P220 while I was at it.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
That is a deal.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wow. Won’t get much cheaper than that.

My P220 has very few rounds through it, certainly not enough to justify a barrel. But that’s a great deal, I think used goes for more than that.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Yup. Basically a MK-25 barrel in 45acp.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gearhounds,

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Is it same barrel for p227?

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd call SIG and ask about that before buying.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Dang, I need a new barrel for my P220.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:

I found this on another forum quoted by a member there-
“I just called Sig. The 220 and 227 use the same barrel.”
I might still call but it sounds good.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, that would be a great addition for any of my 220s --especially for my frankensig DAK parts build gun. But as usual during the holidays, I'm already spent for the next few weeks with no wiggle room for gun gear. Frown

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I ended up ordering one. What a deal!

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Just ordered mine.

Good timing on this. I was going to order this barrel from TGS the other day. They were out of stock.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ironmike57,

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the head's up, ordered one, can't have too many barrels laying around!

Posts: 209 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:

Sure is. Drops right in and functions great.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information, just placed an order for one and a set of grip screws for one of my 220’s. Also, first time poster here, I do a lot of reading here & gain a lot of great information.

Thanks, Iceman1980

Posts: 2 | Location: Pace, Fl. | Registered: December 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Iceman. Lot of great folks here with an enormous amount of knowledge and experience. But beware, it will cost you money.

SF just cost me $80 plus $29 for an FDE P365 grip frame.

Posts: 444 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Great find !! I just ordered one ( even though I dont really need it) Big Grin
Thanks for the heads up!!
sigguy(the 1st)

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

FYI ~

When I set up the Sig Store to only display P227 parts, all three of the shown barrels state they are also compatible with the P220.

When I set up Sig's Store to only display P220, the threaded version of the same Chrome lined barrel and three other barrels say they are all compatible with the P227.

Could there be something different with the Chrome lined P220 barrel that is not compatible with the P227 ~ it's possible but I think doubtful.

You can always wait for the day after Christmas when Sig's Customer Service is back ~ but I bought one for me expecting it to work.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MY P220 SSE only has 500 rounds on it however this price is to good to pass up!

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
When they say phosphate finish they mean it.

Anyone know if these are DLC or blued underneath or just phosphate coated carbon steel? The chrome lining is nice, very Beretta 92ish.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Is that the one that you just ordered? It looks kinda beat up.

quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
When they say phosphate finish they mean it.

Anyone know if these are DLC or blued underneath or just phosphate coated carbon steel? The chrome lining is nice, very Beretta 92ish.