SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ's new P-10's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ's new P-10's Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Nice guns, but I think they missed their window when they released the first p10 and it wasn’t the same dimensions as the G19. Even this one is 1/4” taller. If you wanna play, you’ve gotta be able to offer a G19 size gun. S&W did it with the 2.0 Compact and I think that was key.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It only took S&W ten years to figure this one out. I wonder if it will take CZ that long.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I heard about the full size and subcompact but didn't know they were making an 'SC'. I'll have to check one out next year.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dawes:
Any CZ fans here?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...-to-their-p-10-line/

I like CZ. Been looking hard at a P-07 and will probably get one in 2019.

A friend of mine finally got his P10C out of layaway last week. All I've heard from the gun press over the last year is how much better the P10C trigger is than a Glock. That's a bloody lie. I was not at all impressed with the P10C's trigger and actually feel that the Glock Gen 5 triggers in my own G34 and G19 are superior. The P10C looked and felt cheaper and less well built than both the Gen 5 Glocks and a different friend's M&P 2.0 9mm when compared.

I think what hurt the P10C was the botched introduction. All that ballyhoo and then CZ didn't have the guns on US shores for another 6-10 months. This killed its momentum. Meanwhile, Glock, M&P, and the P320 continue with strong sales. That said, CZ is a legendary company and their pistols are excellent, but my first impression with the P10C was not positive. Perhaps range time will indicate otherwise.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Really a good shooter, the P-10C. The grip texture is more than ample for good purchase on the gun, but likely too much without modification for conceal carry though that's just an edgchoomakated guess given that I don't actually own one to carry. But esdunbar is right; CZ needed to make the 15+1 P-10C spot-on if not smaller than the G19 for it to really take off in this crowded striker marketplace. S&W finally got their M&P Compact dead-on right when they upsized it to within fractions of millimeters of the G19, and then to top it off they juiced it with aggressive pricing specials to drive its popularity home.

P-10Cs used to be highly sought after when it first hit the market and for a brief time thereafter. Now it very much seems that only a CZ fanboy will be the only person who will buy one, and then ONLY if they're willing to make the cross from their beloved 75 to a...(gasp)...a striker. I can see the European full size version doing better as a service offering for law enforcement and military around the globe, as long as they've taken care of that occasional tendency that the 'C' has to develop a crack in its frame which up until now CZ has dismissed as "normal", and responded to with a firm 'donworryboutit'.

Regardless, the actual subcomp 'S' doesn't even register with the CZ fanbase since the beans were spilled about the USA-market additions a few months ago. That's become the P365's domain these days. And perhaps as well soon the G43X or whatever name Glock's rumored response to the SIG will be. And while I'm at it, CZ's "SC" nomenclature for their 'tweener' between sizes 'C' and 'F' is a most unfortunate choice; all that usage will do is cause confusion as it goes against convention as to how "SC" is usually interpreted as meaning by the marketplace. In my candid opinion CZ should've just labeled it as 'M' for midsize or 'I' for intermediate if they thought 'M' could be construed as referring to 'military'.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I trade a Sig P250 compact in on a P-10C. That was a mistake. For me the CZ was uncomfortable to shoot. Where some didn't care for the DOA trigger on the P250 I really liked it but it was to big and heavy for carry.

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Assuming the bugs are gone, I'll get a full size.
I'm one of those that really likes my P10c.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delong31
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think what hurt the P10C was the botched introduction. All that ballyhoo and then CZ didn't have the guns on US shores for another 6-10 months.

I suppose they shouldn't have tried Sig's way of doing things.

At any rate, I've heard good things about CZs and I'm interested in the OR version. I've just picked up an all-steel P01 that I'm hitting the range with on Thursday. If I catch the CZ bug, the P10C-OR is likely my next target.

Posts: 88 | Location: DFW | Registered: June 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rented a P10C and didn't care for it, when it was first announced there was a lot of hype about it and in my opinion it felt way short. In general CZ is a good firearm but I think the miss the mark on the striker fired market.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post