SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P229 - 357Sig record-setter!? 200 different loads through it!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P229 - 357Sig record-setter!? 200 different loads through it!! Login/Join 
Picture of Sig-nature
posted
Full report here:

https://www.glocktalk.com/thre...-the-making.1860900/

with Fiocchi ammo at 50 yards:

with Hornady ammo on 18 yard steel:

It is only through labor and prayerful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things in life… Speak softly but carry a big stick.."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 586 | Location: Pa. | Registered: April 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there someone who actually thought a P229 would have problems with some ammo? I wouldn't. Now the issue of the terrible targets might be worth some investigation, but that's a much bigger issue.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
When we transitioned to the 229 in .357 sig and then YEARS of quarterly quals; I don't think I
EVER saw a single malfunction.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I was only impressed that someone would actually take the time (20+ years) to chronicle how many different types of 357 Sig they had shot through a gun. Let alone that there actually were 200 different ones.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
When we transitioned to the 229 in .357 sig and then YEARS of quarterly quals; I don't think I
EVER saw a single malfunction.

I was with Dallas PD from 1987 to 2010, and in the mid-'90s the Department authorized the .357 Sig caliber for duty weapons provided officers bought their own pistol. I got a P229.

In the 15 years or so before I left for another agency, I did not hear of a single malfunction with any SigSauer pistol in that caliber.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of the added benefits of the 357 Sig cartridge is that it is less likely to jam when chambering because of the necked down case.... Or so I've read. I do have one P239 that for some reason does not like to chamber hydro shock rounds when doing it by hand with either method... hand release or sling shot.. can't quite figure it out... but it has no problem when firing it with those rounds.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Now the issue of the terrible targets might be worth some investigation, but that's a much bigger issue.

Doh!

Perfect practice makes perfect. The shooter appears to have a bunch of practice, but it appears he was more interested in documenting ammo varieties than shooting accurately.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Op; thanks for sharing and providing the report!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig-nature
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
Op; thanks for sharing and providing the report!

Your welcome!!

It is only through labor and prayerful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things in life… Speak softly but carry a big stick.."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 586 | Location: Pa. | Registered: April 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post