SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X5 beavertail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X5 beavertail Login/Join 
posted
I have a half dozen Sig 320 pistols, but no 320 X5 models. I got to handle the X5 today, and was surprised that the extended beavertail on the X5 forced my hand down lower than the regular 320.

Have others noticed this, and are people modifying the X5 grip module to be more like the regular 320 profile, so as to be able to get higher on the X5?

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The 320 X5 beavertail slants down. So, it's no surprise it forces your hand down more. This is exactly the same way the beavertail of the CZ 75 Compact does. Folks who have both the Compact and the PCR will know the difference.

Q

Posts: 26347 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
are people modifying the X5 grip module

Low speed battery Dremel with sanding drum is your friend!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if that is something Alma is doing, or could be doing with his grip module work?

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post