SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    blue gun purchase
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

blue gun purchase Login/Join 
Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted
I've been scouring the internet looking for a Sig Compact 320 weighted blue gun. I found one on this website: http://www.bluegunstore.com/index.aspx but don't see many reviews... which is a worrying sign. I wanted to ask the SF Collective if anyone has any experience with this company? Or if you have another place you'd recommend to buy a weighted blue gun instead.

Thanks!

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with that company, but the weighted blue guns do not seem to be stocked by many retailers. If they must special order it, that could take several weeks or more. I purchased a weighted rifle from Optics Planet (no one else I could find even listed it), and it was a significant wait.

Added: In looking at the FAQ section, the company says weighted guns are special order items with longer shipping times.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I ordered my weighted blue Glock 19/23/32 from them. It’s been almost 6 years since I ordered but I didn’t have any issues. The gun was not in stock at the time but they let me order it anyway. Looking at my old emails it looks like I placed the order on March 30 and it shipped April 23. Not too bad for an item I knew was on backorder.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’d never done this before, but your post made me wonder how close in weight the blue gun was so I broke out a scale and checked it out.

Bluegun - 1 pound 14.4 oz
Glock 19 and 16 rounds 135gr Federal Critical Duty - 1 pound 15 oz
Glock 23 and 14 rounds Herter's 180gr - 2 pounds 0.3 oz

So it’s pretty close.

Edited ammo type for G23.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pale Horse,

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thanks for the measurements. I wanted to order a Glock 19 as well, but apparently Glock has decided to restrict its blue guns to only LEO, military, and trained professionals.

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deplorable_Dixie:
Or if you have another place you'd recommend to buy a weighted blue gun instead.

Do you prefer to not purchase from the manufacturer?

http://www.blueguns.com/default.asp

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Awesome, thanks for the measurements. I wanted to order a Glock 19 as well, but apparently Glock has decided to restrict its blue guns to only LEO, military, and trained professionals.

My email is in my profile. Send me one.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Or if you have another place you'd recommend to buy a weighted blue gun instead.

Do you prefer to not purchase from the manufacturer?

http://www.blueguns.com/default.asp

I don't see where you order it from them. It gives a list of distributors... ?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

My email is in my profile. Send me one.

Email sent