SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion P229 in 357 Sig is a pistol...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion P229 in 357 Sig is a pistol... Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
...to make you forget all your other pistols.

I haven't even shot it, and already I cannot believe I have one.

Time to pour myself a celebratory drink of H2O!

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

Don't you mean, Kool-Aid? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here with my 226 Legion 9mm. Smooth as silk. I'll have tea with lemon please.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

I have the P226 and P229 Legion; I really like the p229 in general, but the 226 has a full grip and the right barrel length for a perfect balance.

Of the Legion pistols I own, the .357 P226 has the best trigger; my P229 is just a bit gritty. I expect it's different with each pistol, though.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
One of these days I'm going to have to FIND one of those ultra smooth Legions that gets posted about here on the forum. Every one we've received has come with a trigger that's just not that far removed from a standard SRT.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Um, okay. Haven't tried one, but I'm not ready to sell the X-Six just yet.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
One of these days I'm going to have to FIND one of those ultra smooth Legions that gets posted about here on the forum. Every one we've received has come with a trigger that's just not that far removed from a standard SRT.

I haven't found one yet either!

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine certainly aren't "ultra smooth," but they're more than acceptable, shootable. For the price point, I'd expect a bit more consistency and smoothness, but they work fine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
quote:

I haven't found one yet either!

I've handled a few that I thought were really nice and some that weren't. I was surprised though that there was not more consistency between them. But as nice as the few were, they weren't nice enough to make me get rid of my P228 and P226 that have been worked on my Gray Guns. If someone was going to get one I would recommend doing what I did when I purchased my SP2022 and that was going though a number of them until I found one with a trigger that I liked. I think I went through about a half a dozen of them before I found one I liked.

It would be interesting to see if the one's with good triggers could be tied to certain people as well as the one's with poor triggers tied to others. Or is it just poor QC on the manufacturing of the parts.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legions are production pistols. They are not hand-tuned in any way. It is perfectly reasonable to expect that individual pistols will vary in the quality of their triggers, just as for any other production pistol.

And there is no reason to expect that a DA/SA Legion P22X trigger is going to be better than the same model non-Legion P22X with the same parts. In fact, by the luck of the draw it might be worse.

I have dry fired a number of Legions but only shot one in live fire, a P229 9mm, and that one on three separate occasions. I shot that pistol back to back with one of my non-Legion P229s with an SRT kit and Grayguns P-SAIT trigger installed. The trigger on my pistol was superior. Not just my opinion but that of another person who shot both back to back, and two gun shop owners (one of whom was an experienced smith) who dry-fired both back to back.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
And there is no reason to expect that a DA/SA Legion P22X trigger is going to be better than the same model non-Legion P22X with the same parts. In fact, by the luck of the draw it might be worse.

That's the point. Some seem to get all jazzed about them as though they are a hand built custom pistol, which of course, they are not.

They are a very handsome pistol though, with some nice features for sure.

I was at the range once and a guy and his son were next to me shooting a P226. I said "it's pretty hard to beat a P226" and the guy looked at me funny and went into a dissertation on how it "wasn't just a P226", it was a Mark 25! It was all hand fit from hand selected parts and assembled to the highest standards! I just said "Very nice" and went back to shooting...

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 4 Legions, 220 , 220 Carry 226 and 226 SAO . All the trigger are very good. I guess I got lucky!!!!

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine was like that too...until I started putting more and more rounds through it. It really smoothed out. At first, I didn't think much of it, my M11A1 had a smoother trigger though it had over 3000 rounds through it.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Recognizing the Legion is not a Les Baer, I still find it to be quite satisfying, as it meets or exceeds my needs in so many ways. Although it would be "fun" to (a)refinish the pistol in a different color, (b)install a solid steel guide rod, (c)upgrade sights (d)install G10 grips and (e)put in a great trigger, I am very happy that this standard pistol already has these features. The extended grip beavertail and additional grip checkering is truly beneficial to my XL hands, and of course you can't modify a P229 to have that. Anyway, I look forward to carrying and training with the pistol.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post