SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ghost connector issue *Update Pg 1*
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghost connector issue *Update Pg 1* Login/Join 
posted
I have installed several of these in Glocks before, and never an issue. I installed a recently purchased one and found that it fit very loosely in the slot where the bottom of the connector inerfaces with the trigger housing. So losely infact you can shake the trigger housing and the connector will fall out. I continued with assembly and noticed that the slide was harder to pull back, I reinstalled the factory connector and it was smooth as it should be. Has anyone else experienced this? I will be contacting ghost for a replacement or refund on Monday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Super Shooter,

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
None with me. And, I have installed several as well. One would have to assume that yours escape QC? Can you compare it with the ones you have installed without issues to see if there are any obvious differences?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I would take a micrometer to it and measure the difference between it and one that works. Then send the other one back to ghost if it is out of spec.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
I would take a micrometer to it and measure the difference between it and one that works. Then send the other one back to ghost if it is out of spec.

I don't have a micrometer, but based of the loose fit and slide hanging up, I am willing to bet out of spec.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I guess you know what to do tomorrow, then. Wink

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I would still compare it to another connector. Glock might have a block that is out of spec.

Better to be safe than sorry.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I've never had one, should fit like you've described...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends which ghost connector. They're not all "drop in," and some models state specifically that they may require fitting.

There is no "spec" to be out of.

Once you start throwing in alternate parts, you're off the reservation. Your Glock parts worked very well, didn't they?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I would still compare it to another connector. Glock might have a block that is out of spec.

Better to be safe than sorry.

As previously mentioned, I don't have a caliper to measure, but I did try it in another 17 and a 26 and the same issues still persisted, the loose fit and slide hang up with two other models. That is pretty obvious when none of the three had this issue before installing the ghost connector, and problem went away after installing the factory connector. I have tried to see if there might be an issue with the trigger housing as you suggested, but if failed the test on three seperate models. Thanks for the responses everyone, ghost is getting a call tomorrow about this.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Depends which ghost connector. They're not all "drop in," and some models state specifically that they may require fitting.

There is no "spec" to be out of.

Once you start throwing in alternate parts, you're off the reservation. Your Glock parts worked very well, didn't they?

This was a drop in model and not the rocket which requires fitting. Yes the stock parts work fine and have been reinstalled, I just prefer a lighter pull compared to the stock configuration.

posted Hide Post
A minus connector is about as light as you should go, if you're going to carry it.

You won't find anything that matches the reliability of Glock parts in a Glock.

I bought a G34 recently which had an amazingly light pull. Sneeze and it went off. It wasn't safe. The trigger return spring was too light. I returned everything to factory. Much better. The pull isn't nearly as smooth or light, but it's a lot safer and very shootable.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is understandable, I do not want a 2 pound trigger either. The models I have installed, have been 100% reliable. I prefer the smooth take up and break of aftermarket connectors. I have polished the factory one and it pulls smoother than it originally did. They allow me to shoot straighter instead of pulling left after the wall of a stock trigger. As some would say training is the key and I do agree with that. I have various training schools, work related, military, competition under my belt. I am not new to this, the better trigger helps me shoot better. But I understand the stock glock setup, and why people prefer to leave it in that configuration.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
All the Ghost connectors I've had fit snugly when pressed in, they are not expensive...I'd bet Ghost would just send you another one (if your willing to risk having a hair trigger Big Grin Wink )

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
...I'd bet Ghost would just send you another one (if your willing to risk having a hair trigger Big Grin Wink )

Good one! Cool Eek

posted Hide Post
I called ghost, they advised me to break the connector, send it in with a description of the problem, and contact info. Then they will send me a replacement Roll Eyes.