SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365XL vs. P320 X compact, anyone care to split hairs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL vs. P320 X compact, anyone care to split hairs? Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted
Looks like we're just a few tenths of an inch here and there from having essentially identical guns, but what am I missing?

Is it mostly just the way one fits your hands that decides this for you? Does the modular aspect of the P320 carry the day?

Thanks

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
Check out this website. https://www.handgunhero.com/co...vs-sig-sauer-p365-xl

Both pistols are modular.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both, and they’re recent purchases, so not shot a ton. First impressions: the P365XL has a Sig Romeo Zero installed on it (you can find them from the factory that way, if interested), so comparing it to the X-Compact with night sights isn’t a direct comparison. I really enjoy shooting both guns, a lot. However, there is something wonderful about shooting the X-Compact that draws me back to shoot it again and again. Neither has had any failures (breaking in with S&B 124gr ammo seems to work well) and the X-Compact was POA=POI from the factory; it took a bit to dial in the Sig Romeo Zero on the P365XL but it’s a nice red dot. I couldn’t choose between the two, so I’m not helping you much, but I don’t think you can go wrong either way. Recoil seems a bit softer with the X-Compact, which makes sense since it weighs 5 ounces more than the P365XL. Good luck with your decision.

---
Kent in MI

P226 in 9mm
P220 in 45acp
P320 X-5
P365
P365XL
P365-380

Posts: 45 | Location: Central Michigan (USA) | Registered: August 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rvbgtr:
Check out this website. https://www.handgunhero.com/co...vs-sig-sauer-p365-xl

Both pistols are modular.

Great link, worth starting the thread just for that.
However, when you say they are both modular do you mean there are more 365 options that you can switch to by taking out the trigger group as with the P320? That would be news to me, but then again I haven't been following too close.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
You can’t compare pistol dimensions on paper. The two are completely different. The 365xl is noticeably smaller feeling in both shooting and carrying. I don’t find them at all similar. And yes, I have them both.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
You can’t compare pistol dimensions on paper. The two are completely different. The 365xl is noticeably smaller feeling in both shooting and carrying. I don’t find them at all similar. And yes, I have them both.

I agree and I have both.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post