SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    help me choose my P226 Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help me choose my P226 Legion Login/Join 
posted
Okay I am going to spring for a P226 Legion 9mm. If it works out as well in real life as it seems I intend to use it as a daily carry. Now Do I get SAO or DA/SA?
thanks for your input
Carl

Posts: 41 | Location: Bofire1@comcast.net | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAO all the way. The trigger on my SAO is noticably better then my friends legion DA/SA even when you fire his in SA mode. It just gets better and better the more I shoot it, it has over 8000 rounds through it now and feels like it has had a custom trigger job. I was going to send it to Robert Burke but at thin point it doesnt need it anymore. I would strongly suggest you try both if that is an option, if not -- SAO.

Posts: 80 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have Legion P226 SAO and a regular P226.
I much prefer the P226 SAO

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 37 | Location: South FL. | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I first bought a DA/SA P226 Legion and loved it. Replaced the mainspring with a Wolff 17lb spring and adjusted the trigger for overtravel. Significant improvement from what was an already nice trigger.

Bought a SAO P226 Legion and absolutely love it, so much so that I am considering selling my other P226 Legion. The trigger is awesome for a stock pistol, and I just love the features offered with the Legion series.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW 100% endorsement, I was leaning to the SAO anyway. thanks

Posts: 41 | Location: Bofire1@comcast.net | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAO! Smile

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bofire:
Okay I am going to spring for a P226 Legion 9mm. If it works out as well in real life as it seems I intend to use it as a daily carry. Now Do I get SAO or DA/SA?
thanks for your input
Carl

OK, I'm going to be that guy. Based on this little info, why do folks jump all in and recommend SAO? OP said nothing else, except that it's going to be his EDC. If you prefer SAO, get the SAO. If you like DA/SA as your preferred method, then get that one.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which do you recommend? 12131?
Carl

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bofire:
Which do you recommend? 12131?
Carl

My answer is "depends". See my post above. Wink

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. If you EDC this gun, go with what you know. I personally don't like carrying SAO cocked and locked. Not because I've had issues in the past but simply because I'm not comfortable or familiar with it.

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given no other info, DA/SA is a lot better for carry IMO. The DA trigger is a lot more forgiving under life or death stress and no safety to train into unconscious competence.

If you are already well trained in one system vs. the other, then that is certainly a factor. On DA Sigs, I like the 19lb mainsprings for carry, way better than stock, less likely to have light primer strikes than a 17.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given no other info, DA/SA is a lot better for carry IMO. The DA trigger is a lot more forgiving under life or death stress and no safety to train into unconscious competence

I agree completely. I like SAO at the range and competition, but prefer DA/SA for EDC. Remember you revert to training in a stressful situation. If you are used to sweeping off a safety go for it. It is the same principle with holster styles. Thumb break vs retention etc. It is what you train with that is important.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
How used are you to using a thumb safety?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want a Crunchenticker, you can save a good bit of money on a regular P226.
The only thing about a Legion that interests me is the availability of a proper thumb safety.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
12131 is, as just about always, right. My wife has a Legion 226 SAO and loves it. Why? Because she doesn't have the hand size/strength to efficiently operate DA/SA Sigs regardless of how neat the trigger might be. We both like and are used to SAO manual of arms (1911s in particular). So SAO would be the winner in our case. Now YMMV.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will the SAO version be easy to do a proper press out while bringing the trigger back under good control? Some people love the 1911 because of the crisp trigger, but it is had to control the trigger during press out.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Will the SAO version be easy to do a proper press out while bringing the trigger back under good control? Some people love the 1911 because of the crisp trigger, but it is had to control the trigger during press out.

You just need to adjust the point when you get on the trigger to a lot further out. For a DA I get on it between POS 3 (hands together) and full extension. With a shorter striker gun (Glock etc.) I get on it just a tad later. With a SA, I don't get on the trigger until about 7/8ths extended.

Of those 3 options, only the DA press has been trained into unconscious competence, I hardly ever shoot SA or a striker.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post