SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OST drill of the month with prizes.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OST drill of the month with prizes..... Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
Drill for July - “Chevron drill” I came up with this specifically to keep guys from “hosing” targets and force them to get feedback from their sights. It’s also a culmination of many drills with a little movement and a reload.

***your runs need to be recorded on video for prizes***

jljones will post the prizes and such soon, but everyone is welcome to give it a try.

7 yards shot from simulated cover.
2 magazines of 3 rounds.
Hands touching the cover
Buzzer - engage either side with one round per 3 inch circle, mandatory slide lock reload behind cover and engage 3 from other side.
Target needs 3 staggered 3 inch circles on the right and left side.
Par time is 10 seconds.
You want 3 consecutive CLEAN runs, so maximize the par time and get clean runs. You’ll have to force yourself to be accountable. Good luck.
**a miss adds 2 seconds, but also kills your run cause it needs to be clean to count, again you want 3 consecutive clean runs**

Enjoy your 4th of July!

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
While I’m only shooting it for fun, I’ve shot an earlier version of it, and I have to say, it’s insanely fun. Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
While I’m only shooting it for fun, I’ve shot an earlier version of it, and I have to say, it’s insanely fun. Big Grin

Your feedback and blazing fast and accurate runs caused me to modify it. Rock on!

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great drill

I tried it this weekend with my revolver

I will need some more practice to clean it 3 times in a row, but it should be doable

Right now I need a real good reload and a good grip after the reload to make it under 10 seconds

Maybe by time I nail it ,I'll figure out how to do a video

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good drill!, I might try it today!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Great drill

I tried it this weekend with my revolver

I will need some more practice to clean it 3 times in a row, but it should be doable

Right now I need a real good reload and a good grip after the reload to make it under 10 seconds

Maybe by time I nail it ,I'll figure out how to do a video

That would be awesome to see on video with a wheel gun!!!!

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click