SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FNS 9mm any good?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FNS 9mm any good? Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
All i can say about the maintenance schedule issue is that I am well over 2 thousand rounds (probably closer to 4k) with 2 of the 3 pistols, have changed nothing, cleaned and lubed probably every other range session and i don't go to a session without at least 300 rounds, and other than on the barrel and inside of the slide i don't even see excessive signs of wear.
Manual or not, i will shoot them until something breaks, and fix it. Before that happens i am just balsting away and enjoying some great feeling accurate pistols.
Just me, and i can get why someone would at least wonder about the manual terms but if everything else about the pistol works for me i don't let it stop me.

Well, that is what the guy in the link did - and when something broke, FN would not warranty the gun. So, just be aware of that....

Posts: 531 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Manual or not, i will shoot them until something breaks, and fix it. Before that happens i am just balsting away and enjoying some great feeling accurate pistols.

And that is why there is so much FN backlash in that thread. FN will not provide parts to owners. They do not trust their customers to do something as basic as change out a recoil spring. The owner is expected to ship the pistol to FNH USA for routine maintenance every 2K rounds.

Let us know how it goes if/when something breaks, and you try to fix it.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
will do. They are all registered on line with FN, and i will bet that they will fix something under the warranty as long as its from normal use. Time will tell but i will post about it and if i am wrong you will know.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
FN sells parts through Midwest gun works.
quote:
will do. They are all registered on line with FN, and i will bet that they will fix something under the warranty as long as its from normal use. Time will tell but i will post about it and if i am wrong you will know.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post